Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Shadara
0 Kudos

Fantasy creature "guide?"

The book I'm looking for was a collection of "information" about fantasy creatures, and a couple short stories. I believe it had a unicorn on the front, and may have had unicorn in the title somehow as I'm sort of stuck on the unicorn thing in my memory. Inside, it listed different fantasy animals and described things about them. I distinctly recall there being a manticore, chimera, midguard serpent, a harpy, a snake that bit its own tail and rolled to travel, and a short story about "The Unicorn Man." The book was illustrated with black and white drawings done in pen or pencil, usually fairly detailed. Important note: This book is AT LEAST15 years old, and probably older. I remember it from checking it out constantly from the library in my elementary school that I attended up until I was 9, and I'm now 24, and I remember the book being pretty worn out then. A such, it can't have been one of the now rampant offshoots from Harry Potter or Spiderwick books, nor the "The Element Encyclopedia of Mythical Creatures." Any help would be greatly appreciated... this has been eating at me for years.