Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
fantasyloverJC
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Female half human mystical creature protagonist, fantasy, mythical creatures; ogres.

cant remember the author or title of this book.
A female creature was the lead, she was some sort of private investigator with a boyfriend that was named seal, he was a mystical creature also. He was a seal that was stuck in human form, one day whilst they were having sex she healed him though. She had two hands of power and her father was some sort of important figure in the non human world. They were also other beings like her, they had different unique colors of hair and matching eyes. They was a part that she was in a car and ogres were sent to hunt her down. She worked and lived in the human world, humans could only see creatures if they let them. They were a lot of different kinds of mythical creatures. There was also a part of the book were some assassin type person tried to kill kill her by rubbing an oil that made her want to have sex and there was something about spiders and mirrors. at the end of the book they punished a man that made humans have sex with him by rubbing this same aphrodisiac oil on him and tying him up. Humans desired to have sex with these creatures after they had sex with one. There was also a creature that had two witch type creatures and he had sex or almost had sex with the female protagonist, she killed one of them by turning her inside out with her hand of power. There was magic and alternate worlds and all that.
Please help me find this book, it is a series i believe.

Distinguished Correspondent
Beachgirl75
0 Kudos

Re: Female half human mystical creature protagonist, fantasy, mythical creatures; ogres.

The book is A Kiss of Shadows by Laurel K Hamilton. It is the first of the Merry Gentry series.

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
New User
fantasyloverJC
0 Kudos

Re: Female half human mystical creature protagonist, fantasy, mythical creatures; ogres.

thank u so much..

Distinguished Correspondent
Beachgirl75
0 Kudos

Glad i could help

:catvery-happy:

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.