01-24-2012 09:41 PM - edited 01-24-2012 09:42 PM
this is my first time posting here and I was lucky enough to have come across this book board because not remebering this book is just killing me.
- The book is by a British male author who I think may have been an editor at an American magazine
- it takes place in the English countryside
- The first few part is set in the 1960s
- In the beginning of the book there's a wealthy young man (heir to a large country estate) that falls in love with mysterious, sultry French woman and follows her to France where they get married against his family's wishes.
- The book alternates between his history with women (he's had a few wives now) and his family in the present.
I have listed all the details of the book I remember here and I would appreciate it if anyone could help out. Thanks so much and I think from now on I'll patrol this book board to see if one day I can perhaps pay it forward!