Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Loves_to_readCJ
0 Kudos

HELP! looking for a romance book with a scientist and thief falling in love

[ Edited ]

Im looking for a book, romance. Its about a plant scientist named catherine or katherine but goes by cat and/or kat. the books opens up with her mentor found dead by a career thief sebastian i believe his name is , im not so sure. but hes found by the thief who came looking for a book. the thief wants to get out from the type of life hes living and his superiors will allow him to if he brings this book in. well in order to find the book he has too find cat who he thinks has the book long story short , cat and the thief are on the run from flunkies with guns and on their journey they fall in love. theres a part in the book where cat's mentor says"fides salus quiesco studium aevum". if that helps any pleas help!!

Contributor
Relmstein

Re: HELP! looking for a romance book with a scientist and thief falling in love

The Plot and the latin quote makes me think you are looking for one of the "The Saint" short stories or novellas.  I know the main character in the series sometimes used the alias "Sebastian Tombs".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Templar#The_Saint_book_series

Reader
Chelly_Madock
0 Kudos

Re: HELP! looking for a romance book with a scientist and thief falling in love

I would hope that after all this time you managed to find it somewhere, but if not I believe it is this book: Secrets and Lies by Selena Montgomery. Here's the editorial review (from google):

Sebastian thinks breaking into the South American home of wealthy antiquities collector Felix Estrada is a simple assignment. But things get complicated quickly when he finds Estrada at home, lying in a pool of blood. Estrada's last breath is a plea for Caine to take care of his "cat"-but a search of the home reveals neither the manuscript Sebastian was hired to recover nor Estrada's wayward feline. Caine soon discovers that "cat" is really sexy ethnobotanist Dr. Katelyn Lyda, the old man's niece. Deducing she has the sought-after manuscript, and suspecting that she killed her uncle to get it, Caine tracks down the feisty, frightened Kat in the foothills of the Andes. Despite mutual mistrust, the two become allies after thugs threaten both their lives. As they endeavor to solve Estrada's murder and learn the secrets (and cash value) of a 500-year-old text, the sparks-both romantic and ballistic-don't disappoint. Montgomery has a winning pair in morally flexible Sebastian and principled Kat, and the tropical gauntlet she runs them through is twisty and satisfying.