Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
BRoseEW
0 Kudos

Juvenile: About Girl & Ghost (WWII flyer who was killed during war) who fall in love

I'm looking for a book I read as a young teen back in the 60's.  It was probably written in the 1950's or 1960's.  Don't remember the title or author, but I fell in love with the gothic style romance of it. 

It was about a girl (aged 16-19) who moved to a house located on the English or Welsh moors.  The home's prior owner was a young man named Hilary or Hillary, who was a flyer in WWII, but he was killed during the war.  He comes back to the house as a ghost and the young girl can see or sense him and eventually they fall in love (a la "Ghost and Mrs. Muir").

This was a book I got from one of those "Scholastic Reader Magazines" we used to get at school when we were kids. I saved the book, but somehow it got away from me over the years.

Does anyone remember reading this or know title or author?  Any details may help me find it.

Thanks for your help.

Correspondent
Taxandria
0 Kudos

Re: Juvenile: About Girl & Ghost (WWII flyer who was killed during war) who fall in love

The story sounds great, I'll have to do some digging to find out what it is.

Just Read: The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan
Reading Now: The Fall by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan
Reading Next: ?
Contributor
Frannable
0 Kudos

Re: Juvenile: About Girl & Ghost (WWII flyer who was killed during war) who fall in love

I know this one - it's "Tryst" by Elswyth Thane.  One of my favorites as a teen - I still check it out of the library once in a while.  Enjoy!