Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
bttrflii
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

LF historical romance, girl branded criminal, shipped to america

i'm trying to find the name of the historical romance book where the heroine is injustly accused of murder and is branded a criminal.  before she falls into the hands of the jailors, she is shipped to america as slave labor.  another woman on the vessel protects her from the sailors until they reach land, but she is sold off as a prostitute when they unload her.

the guy that buys her sets her up as entertainment for his party, and in true coincidental book fashion, the hero of the book is her first "guest" and rescues her once he finds out what happened.  she's basically his prisoner as he tries to get her away from the guy that bought her, and the story and the characters develop from there.

i have been dying to reread this book for years.  can anyone give me any information on it?  thanks.  :smileyhappy:

Reader
bttrflii
0 Kudos

Re: LF historical romance, girl branded criminal, shipped to america

if any other eyes and minds would be willing to look at this with me, i'd sure appreciate it.  i have yet to have any luck finding this book.

Reader
bttrflii
0 Kudos

still looking.  :smileyhappy:  still no luck.  :smileysad:

Reader 4
SDGidget

Maybe this one:

Petals on the River - Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

The fiery and outspoken adopted daughter of one of England's most formidable women, Shemaine O'Hearn has made powerful enemies. And now her adversaries have found a way to remove the hot-blooded beauty from her life of privilege: by falsely convicting Shemaine of thievery, and sending her in shackles to America, where she is to be sold in indentured servitude to the highest bidder.

In a bustling port city in the colony of Virginia, she becomes the servant of Gage Thornton --- a shipbuilder with a young child in need of a nanny. And despite whispered rumors condemning the handsome widower for the untimely death of his wife, Shemaine cannot ignore her desire for this caring, generous and enigmatic stranger who silently aches with his growing need for her --- even as grave peril reaches out from across a vast ocean to threaten their flowering love.

"Not bad, but you've got to learn to relax. An insult's got a certain rhythm and flow to it that you haven't quite picked up yet."
- Beldin, - The Belgariad
Reader
bttrflii
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I finally found it, and for completion's sake, I'm posting it here to end my thread.  Thanks for looking!

Beloved Outcast by Lorena Dureau

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/884966.Beloved_Outcast