Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
IzzyBizzy
0 Kudos

Lady by a lake in a white gown on cover

Hello,

This is a longshot as I have so little information.  I am looking for a book I read over 20 years ago and all I can really remember is the cover:  It shows a woman in a white gown (like a nightgown rather than a fancy dress).  I believe she had long hair and was standing by a lake. There may be a cabin and/or pine trees on the cover.  I think this was a murder mystery or a ghost story, I'm leaning towards ghost story.  There might be a cabin in the story line; like a particular cabin/lake that someone goes to each summer. I'm really stretching there, trying hard to remember!  The book was a fairly thin paperback. 

That's unfortunately all I remember. I read it at my grandmother's house when I was a teenager and since she's now in her 90s, she doesn't remember what book I'm talking about.  Would like to find this for sentimental reasons.  Any help is appreciated.

New User
MarieB73
0 Kudos

Re: Lady by a lake in a white gown on cover

I'm thinking, "The Woman in White" by Wilkie Collins.  It's a classic whodunit!

I had a copy with a woman by a lake in a white gown many years ago.

New User
IzzyBizzy
0 Kudos

Re: Lady by a lake in a white gown on cover

Thanks for your reply.  I checked into this book and unfortunately it is not the right one.  The book I am looking for was definitely set in more modern times.  But, since I have not read The Woman in White, I think I will.  Thanks again.