Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
aWildflower
0 Kudos

Looking for a Fantasy Trilogy about Twin Redhaired brothers

I read this trilogy around 2006 and have been wanting to buy the three novels that I know of. Not sure if the author has written any more. It's about twin brothers who live apart. One lives in the streets and dyes his hair black. The other lives at some sort of magical place. They both possess magical powers. They get together and have to get to a special place to save the one brother's life who hasn't lived at the ... it's sort of a school for supernaturally gifted people...because he didn't live there and learn how to control his gifts and was being driven nuts. That's the best I can do about the plot.

I think the author's name begins with an M. It is a female and I think it's French, and so is the name of the first book... the menzzene or muziene or something like that. Thought I'd never forget it. Boy was I wrong!

Hoping someone can help. Thanks for reading and trying, even if you don't have the answer.

-aWildflower-

Frequent Contributor
SallieVern
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a Fantasy Trilogy about Twin Redhaired brothers

"Melusine" (and sequels) by Sarah Monette

"School Library Journal

Adult/High School-Melusine is a city both sordid and splendid, rich in history and layered with corruption. Monette shows readers this fantastical place through the eyes of two characters: Felix, a member of an elite society of wizards, and Mildmay, a thief and former assassin. After his past as a whore is revealed, Felix returns to the man who trained him to pass as a noble. His malicious mentor uses a sexual ritual and Felix's magic to shatter the Virtu, a crystal that stabilizes magic. Felix goes mad, is imprisoned, and is sent to an asylum. Mildmay's precarious existence becomes more and more difficult. When he hits rock bottom, he is hired by another wizard, whose card divination says Mildmay will lead him to Felix. Monette has created an interesting world, leaving enough unexplained to intrigue patient readers. Profane Mildmay and insane Felix have distinctive narrative voices"

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/melusine-sarah-monette/1100553030?ean=9780441014170