Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Caelrea
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Looking for a trilogy about three sister witches in a supernatural world.

Hi, I've got a mystery book I really hope someone can remember, its a three part series I believe about three orphaned sisters who live in a cottage in a supernatural world and theyre all witches. Heres what I remember...

-Theyre all named after the seasons, like Summer, Winter, and Autum. Or possibly named after the sun, moon, and earth.

-Winter/Moon had black hair and fell in love with the prince or king I think.

-Summer/Sun was blonde and had a baby with a traveler she had healed.

-Autum/Earth had red hair and fell in love with a shape-shifter and then changed into a wolf or something.

-In the end they all had to use theyre powers together to save the kingdom.

I don't really remember much else, but any help would be great!

Contributor
gtownreader
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a trilogy about three sister witches in a supernatural world.

Could it be Nora Roberts's Three Sisters Island Trilogy?  It's been awhile since I read those but it sounds familiar.

Correspondent
iluv2readmynook
0 Kudos

Doesn't sound like the Nora Roberts Trilogy - as the information the postor remembered doesn't match that trilogy.  I recently read them.  I would be interested in what the books are called.

Contributor
TLGregory
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Contributor
TLGregory
0 Kudos

Contributor
TLGregory
0 Kudos

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I remember a set of books about twins who were raised apart and turned out to be witches. One was guardian of the amulet of the sun and the other was guardian of the amulet of the moon. It's now a 10-book series entitled Twitches.

Here's the wiki for it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitches_(novel_series)

Nora Roberts did do a trilogy on witches, but one was a man and they are far from fantasy: The Captivated, The Entranced, The Charmed, The Donovan Legacy (omnibus).

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Contributor
UnmatchedBookend
0 Kudos

Sounds like

The Sun Witch 

The Moon Witch  

The Star Witch  

I loved these books!

Correspondent
iluv2readmynook
0 Kudos

THANKS!  Added to my wish list!

New User
Caelrea
0 Kudos

Thanks so much! I was completely off about the earth one, but its been years since ive read them. The Star Witch, The Moon Witch, and The Sun Witch are definently them.

Contributor
BookAholicInVT
0 Kudos

There are two more trilogies that go along with the series. The second trilogy deals with the children of the characters from the first one. The books are Prince of Magic, Prince of Fire and Prince of Swords. The third trilogy also takes place in the same world. The books are Untouchable, 22 Nights, and Bride by Command.

You can never have to many books.