Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Lindsey0
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Looking for the book title!

i believe this book was a teen drama.

so i remember the cover had a red ribbon with a key looped through it like a necklace.. and then there was a black and white photograph of a young woman, but across/diagonal of it, there was another woman, but it was like a victorian painting that was realistic. 

this book was about a girl who was troubled and really liked music or something, and you find out later shes troubled because she blames hersef for her younger brothers death. 

but she ends up going to France to visit her father while hes doing historical research for a friend of his, who owns an old factory with alot of old French revolution stuff in it that he plans to open a museum with... OH, im remembering now, i really feel like that the title had the word Revolution in it... 

anyways in the museum she finds an old guitar case with a secret compartment and it has a diary in it that was written by a woman who was sort of like a stewartess for a young prince that lived in those times... 

oh, and shes writting a research paper for school about a musician, and why she thinks every musician ever, got inspiration from this guys work. which i remember looking it up and the guy was a fake composer.

so the main girl kind of uses the diary as a healing mechanism throughout. she also meets this guy whos in a band and they are obviously attracted to eachother n' stuff. so they play guitar together and yada yada yada. 

then i remember near the end, the girl is in the underground catacombs that are in france, and she hits her head and goes to sleep, where she thinks shes gone back in time and ends up meeting that composer she was writting about. and in the dream she ends up sort of taking on the role of the woman who wrote the diary, and she tries to rescue the prince who wound up being captured and locked in a tower where he starved to death. 

by the end of the book she all happy and forgives herself for her brothers death, and she decides to move to france, where she ends up dating the band guy and its all nice....

i Swear its Something Revolution... i Cannot remember!!

New User
Lindsey0
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for the book title!

I found it!!!

the title was just Revolution. silly me! :smileyhappy: