Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Bookworm_files
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Lost Book!

This book takes place in a smaller town, and it switches character perspectives. One of them was a sheriff and I don't remember what his ex wife was (she was attacked before the book took place). The ex wife was a main character. The sheriff was in love with her and I think her family had a plumbing business. At the police station, there was only one woman officer (Lisa?). It was a crime novel and the person who was killing them might have been the person who attacked the ex wife. Or they thought he did? That's all I can remember. Please help.

Distinguished Wordsmith
FantasyRider

Re: Lost Book!

This is a tough one since there are a lot of matches...but could it be A Bad Day for Pretty by Sophie Littlefield?

A Bad Day for Pretty 

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother." Albert Einstein
Contributor
Bookworm_files
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

No..Although it sounds like a good book. The main character and the sheriff were already married, but then they got a divorce. I think the main character, who was attacked, maybe raped, had a father who was a plumber. I think her house was on a lake and she had a boat. I think the main character, maybe a medical examiner (or maybe a medical doctor) , was starting to date someone, a pharmacist maybe. I know there was only one female officer, and the more I think about it, the more Lisa comes to mind. I really hope that is helpful enough to find the book.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The man who smiles when things go wrong, has thought of someone to blame it on." -Robert Bloch

Contributor
Bookworm_files
0 Kudos

If anyone was interested...

Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter

A small Georgia town erupts in panic when a young college professor is found brutally mutilated in the local diner. But it's only when town pediatrician and coroner Sara Linton does the autopsy that the full extent of the killer's twisted work becomes clear.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'