New User
randyrlee2
0 Kudos

Modern western drama/spy series, t rex fossil, K-T extinction event, NSA, alien nanovirus, hellfire

I am looking for a modern kinda western spy series where the good guy, or his wife, is a vetaranarian.  In the book I bought and lost it starts with a prospector in New Mexico (I think) finding a T. Rex fossil and taking a sample of it.  He gets killed and the main character, who just happens to be riding in the vicinity, hears the gunshot and investigates and finds the prospector, who gives him something (maybe a cipher of some kindn).  Somehow the fossil part ends up in a laboratory being investigated by a grad student, who finds something really weird about it and makes a phone call which is picked up by an NSA satellite, which causes a shady government spy character to start killing people, starting with the professor at the lab investigating it. 

The main character needs help with the cipher and looks up an old spy buddy at a local monastery.  He figures it out as a location, and decides to help find it.  On the way the bad guy shoots a Hellfire missile at them from a drone.  Bad guy enlists the help of some Ranger types, the leader of which uses a .22 magnum pistol.  They helicopter in to kill the main character and his buddy, but the Ranger guy won't kill them without reason. 

Anyway, I woul love to find this series and read them all.  Any help would be appreciated.  I got it in a bookstore at an airport a few years ago.  Thanx for your help!

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

Re: Modern western drama/spy series, t rex fossil, K-T extinction event, NSA, alien nanovirus, hellf

That sounds vaguely similar to this one, but the specifics are off:

Secrets of El Tovar Canyon

Contributor
ShayneParkinson

Re: Modern western drama/spy series, t rex fossil, K-T extinction event, NSA, alien nanovirus, hellf

Is it Tyrannosaur Canyon?

Sentence of Marriage, A tale of Victorian New Zealand.
New User
randyrlee2
0 Kudos

YES!!!!  Thank you so much.  I really appreciate your help in finding the title.  THANX!!!!

Contributor
ShayneParkinson
0 Kudos

Great! I'm glad I could help. :smileyhappy:
Sentence of Marriage, A tale of Victorian New Zealand.