Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Weedy533
0 Kudos

Murder of Crows

I read  a book recently that referred to a flock of crows as a "murder". Does anyone know what book this was in? Possible Steig Larrson's? If so which one?

Contributor
HollyAnneCA
0 Kudos

Re: Murder of Crows

There's a book by Richard Barrett from 2003 titled Murder of Crows (ISBN: 1844010791) & a 1988 one by Margaret Duffy (ISBN: 0449215636). Personally, I think it's one of those phrases that a mystery writer couldn't help but to use. But yes, a group of crows is called a "murder" (see Wikipedia's entry on the matter)! Holly

Frequent Contributor
Weedy533
0 Kudos

My sister remembered. It was from The Art of Racing in the Rain. Wonderful book one of my all time favorites. The story is told from the dogs perspective.

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Weedy533 wrote:

I read  a book recently that referred to a flock of crows as a "murder". Does anyone know what book this was in? Possible Steig Larrson's? If so which one?

Donna Andrews writes a Meg Langslow series. One of the books had quite a long description of Murder of crows and many more bird related collective words. Jeez, I just do not know how to describe it.

http://www.rinkworks.com/words/collective.shtml

This should help or not, it is interesting.

BTW her books, Donna Andrews are hysterical.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A