Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Kitty360
0 Kudos

Please help me find this book

She lived in a small village with her father, after he died the king sent a man to bring her to him. Her father worked for the king, but fled with her as a child.  She has the power to control water, the man sent to get her controls fire.  She escaped him when they got to the city and lived with people on the river for a while working in a shoe store.  The couple who owned the shoe store had a son who was in love with his male business partner.  Every child born there has some one who goes to a church and pulls three metal coins from the alter, each has a word on it that the child will be blessed with.  Eventually she is found and sent to the palace, she saves a princess from drowning during the palace boat race, and that is all i can remember.

I love this book, please help me!!!!!

Thank You

New User
EloG
0 Kudos

Re: Please help me find this book

Hi there!
The book you are looking for is Troubled Waters, by Sharon Shin. The sequel just came out, too. Sorry it took so long to give you a response.

"Zoe Ardelay receives astonishing and unwelcome news: she has been chosen to become the king's fifth wife. Forced to go to the royal city, she manages to slip away and hide on the shores of the mighty river.

It's there that Zoe realizes she is a coru prime ruled by the elemental sign of water. She must return to the palace, not as an unwilling bride for the king, but a woman with power in her own right. But as Zoe unlocks more of the mysteries of her blood--and the secrets of the royal family--she must decide how to use her great power to rise above the deceptions and intrigue of the royal court."