Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B

Please provide some details in your thread subject

Hi everyone,

I'm glad that so many people have come here for help looking for their lost books, and I'm glad that some people have found what they were looking for through this board!

In the interest of improving the board and helping more people help you find what you're looking for, I'd like to remind you all to please put some details about the book in your thread title!  When the board is full of threads called "Looking for a book", its not as easy for others to come and help out as it is when there are details right there in the thread title that someone might recognize.

It doesn't have to be a lot, but mentioning the genre or very basic elements of the plot (if you know them) is great - some good examples of what people have posted already are "A book about a "bewitched" hunt in England performed by teenagers" and " adult fantasy novel leprechauns exist" - providing these kinds of details in the thread's subject line is more likely to get people to read it, and thus increases the chance that someone who knows the book you're looking for will help you out.

Thanks, and happy hunting!

Jon

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
New User
Fomish
0 Kudos

Re: Please provide some details in your thread subject

I am looking for the name of this book. It starts where a young girl shoots her mom's boyfriend cause her mom is sick and her boyfriend beats her all the time. She gets put away for shooting him not killing then when she gets out she moves to another town, she gets married and has a son. Then her husband tells her they have to move cause of his job and she has to go back home. She moves there, her husband who acts like he knows nothing buys a farm right across the road from a nosey neighbor who he know will know her and tell the  mom's ex boyfriend. Then the husband pays someone to paint bad stuff about her on their house they put old newspaper articles of her on the barn. Then her husband buys there son  a horse and he names it like her maiden or something she doesn't want to remember but the son loves it so she lets him keep it. Then her husband is having a affair with a girl who either works for the sheriff office or the real state office and its her brother who is doing the dirty work he ends up killing the brother and trying to frame his wife when that doesn't work he drugs his wife and son and puts them in the car with the motor running but the police detective saves them It turns out that when she was in jail for shooting the moms boyfriend her husband worked at the hospital where her mom was dying and she tells him about this big piece of land worth millions or she was to get million when mom dies and askes him to find her and tell her but instead he marries her to keep it all for himself and she know nothing about till the end.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

New User
Bgeist575
0 Kudos

Sounds like Mary Higgins Clark "No Place Like Home"

New User
hpamelaharry
0 Kudos

Science fiction book about out of body space traveler who meets many life forms in his travels.

[ Edited ]

I'm looking for a science fiction book I read maybe 40 years ago. About a guy who leaves his body on earth and travels through the universe, meeting interesting life forms every where. I seem to remember intelligent life forms that mimmicked life forms on earth. Starfish people for some reason stands out, but there were lots of aliens he met.

I would have sworn the name of the book is Cosmic Conciousness, but all my searches of this name so far have failed to find the right thing.

I would love to read this book again and see if I still think it's as cool as I did back then. My thanks to any help anyone can give.

Frequent Contributor
HarleyLBennett
0 Kudos

It would also be nice if searchers would acknowledge the help they get from those of us who find their books for them.

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

HarleyLBennett wrote:

It would also be nice if searchers would acknowledge the help they get from those of us who find their books for them.

Not to mention letting everyone know when a book is found, and making sure that things like the title and author's name are spelled correctly.

Jeff

New User
suzieSL
0 Kudos

im looking for a book about a mail order bride she is raising her siblings and they pain a barn and a cow lavender