Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Terfic
0 Kudos

SciFi: kidnapped people enslaved and sent to new planet

I read this a long time ago.  I'm pretty sure it was the beginning of series, but I lent the book out (was not returned.Big surprise!). I remember that people were snatched or arrested & sent to a new planet where they had to set up a new world. I think there were 2 moons or 2 suns. Days were either longer than ours or shorter.  It's been a long time. :smileyhappy:  Whomever dropped these people off needed something from them I think. I do not remember how it ends. I have a tendency to read multiple books a day at times & sometimes mix up the storyline from the different books.

I remember that it was a paperback book I read from.

Hope it rings a bell with someone!  Sorry not a lot of info! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
TessaD
0 Kudos

Re: SciFi: kidnapped people enslaved and sent to new planet

Perhaps the Anne McCaffrey Freedom Series?

Starts with Freedoms Landing:

Kristin Bjornsen lived a normal life, right up until the day the spaceships floated into view above Denver. As human slaves were herded into the maw of a massive vessel, Kristin realized her normal life was over and her fight for freedom was just beginning… The alien Catteni value strength and intelligence in their slaves—and Kristin has managed to survive her enslavement while hundreds of other humans have not. But her trial has just begun, for now she finds herself part of a massive experiment. The aliens have discovered a new world, and they have a simple way of finding out if it’s habitable: drop hundreds of slaves on the surface and see what happens. If they survive, colonization can begin. If not, there are always more slaves.

At last--an all new epic Anne McCaffrey novel set in a brave new world. Kristin Bjorsen is a human slave to the overlords called Catteni, who have made the races of many planets bend to their will. But now Kristin has become part of a tremendous alien experiment--one that gives her back her freedom, though not in a way she might have chosen.

I really liked the first two books of this series.  Check it to see if it's possibly it.

Tessa