06-18-2012 05:01 PM
Can't remember the title or the author of this book. It contained a lot of different settings but I do remember a giant spaceship, carring many different intelligent species that were well aware they were on the ship, that was controlled by some robot that the main character refered to as "Eagle".
Some other information:
- Colonization of parts of the ship by humans
- The main character and her family at one point were with some Octopus-like creatures that were hidden underground. These creatures were experts at genetic engineering and made all kinds of weird biological creations and they communicated using flashing colors. A group of humans eventually went to war with these creatures, so the creatures created a virus that was designed to only kill certain people.
- The main character dies at the end after refusing to have her life prolonged.
- The main character and another have a child together, but he ends up being mentally challenged because they're so old.
- It's not a newer book, probably written in the early 90's or earlier and could possibly be part of a series.
Not much to go on, I know, and some of the information may not be accurate, but I've been searching for weeks at libraries and online without being able to find anything. If you have any ideas at all it would be a huge help to me