Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
moose_tracker
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Seeking 2 books

I do not know if these are still in print as they were read years ago. One I would like to find and one I read to my son.. He now wants to refind it..

The first was about a girl who did not think she had a family, but was left at an orphanage with a celtic broach. There was this eccentric oriental boss or friend who was into cremation and would make the ashes into paperweights. The girl went to visit scotland (I think) and I am sure it had a mystery or murder. Because the end was that she found the broach linked her to her family (who had some money). And her mother died in a car wreak (and I believe someone was hunting down to kill off the family.) But the girl was put in an orphanage for her safety..

Now don't laugh, my son is looking for a romance novel.. I read it to the family on a car trip, and took out the romantic parts since son was too young for that sort of stuff.. He is not into romance, but for some reason I guess he loved the story elsewise, and feels cheated knowing I had ripped out the juicy parts.. So at 21 he now is looking for it.  The author had several books in the series that related to the same family and time travel from mid-evil days to modern days throught a fairy ring.. The series were not of the same couple all the time, maybe a brother, or they aged and it was a child. But because I  read the whole series at the time they all blended so really very little is remembered.. I think my son has probably built his memory up about it, may not be so impressed on the re-read.

Inspired Correspondent
racheling
0 Kudos

Re: Seeking 2 books

Inspired Correspondent
racheling
0 Kudos

Here is the review: likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=3835

Wordsmith
moose_tracker
0 Kudos

Thanks very much.. MacLeod definately rings a bell. I am quite sure you hit the nail on the head with that one.!

New User
HULABUBBE
0 Kudos

I have been looking for the book about the girl in San Francisco also.  I can't remember the authors name and I was hoping he wrote more books.  He did write a 2nd book about the same girl that I read.  Both books started with The girl with or who and I think the authors last name started with an A.