Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
pheasantgirl
0 Kudos

Small town expecting new preacher, stranger comes along and he fakes it....

A very rural area is expecting a new preacher. A traveling guy needing a job happens along, they think this is him and he needs a place to stay so he doesn't correct them. He ends up delivering rousing sermons and they get to like him. He doesn't know how to read so he has to fake that. Falls in love with a local woman, I think. Eventually learns to read. I think there is a child involved but don't remember if it's his child, the woman's child, or if I'm remembering wrong. He ends up having to do a big reveal but I think they love him enough to keep him, I don't recall the details of the ending. I think my dad would like this but can't remember the name of the book or who wrote it. I read it in the last couple of year.