Contributor
Lillia_Mihalkovic
0 Kudos

Thriller/action book

This has been driving me absolutely nuts for days now.

I recently read this book (within the last year probably).  

I cannot remember the author or title and am guessing on characters names but remember the plot really well. Some of what I include isn't necessary to the plot but I remember it.

This woman, I think in her 30s or so, works at an add agency or something. Her boss has a teenage son with a elder dog who is thought to be die soon.(think the kid's name starts with and L?) The boss's wife was killed in I think a car accident kind of recently. The boss brings in his dead wife's laptop, saying he just found it and wants to look at what's on it. The woman goes out to lunch with a coworker, gets a weird call or text from the boss so goes back right away only to find him dead.

She immediately calls her friend (I think his name is Edward, but not certain). They have been friends for years, with sexual tension underlying. The friend is a hit man-or assassin, can't remember what they call him, same thing. 

Edward is older than her, he is a very successful hit man with a flock of underlings that come in and out of the story providing him with things is very wealthy. He is married to a very muscular woman. You find out later in the book that he marries and divorces often in order to maintain his cover.

Both the woman and Edward love motorcycles and as a birthday present he buys the woman a super fast super expensive motorcycle. He also buys her season tickets to some sporting event, I think it was the Vikings or the twins, so I think it takes place in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Edward helps the woman, her coworker and the boss's son escape the people who killed the boss. They eventually find out that Edward was paid to kill the boss's wife but couldn't do it so his teacher did it. After that Edward had a no women, no kids rule. 

There is lots of action and getting shot at, occasional things blowing up. 

If someone could help I would be so grateful this is driving me nuts.

Contributor
Lillia_Mihalkovic
0 Kudos

Re: Thriller/action book

I really want to re-read this book, but for the life of me cant remember what it is called. I must have rented it from the library because i looked through my books and cant find it.