Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Vickytoria8589
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Woman gets pompous new boss, accidentally bad mouths him on an airplane to said boss

Hello,

Years ago I was in B&N and read a book jacket that intrigued me. It was about a woman who gets a new boss she's heard terrible things about, but has never met. She gets on an airplane and begins complaining about her boss to a handsome man, only to find out that her attractive new friend is, in fact, her new boss. I don't remember who the author is, what the book was called, or the character's name. I never read the book, and would really like to do so. Trying to identify this book using search engines has been fruitless, and after many years of frustration I am seeking help here. If anyone knows what book I am talking about and can give me a title or author, I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

Victoria

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Woman gets pompous new boss, accidentally bad mouths him on an airplane to said boss

[ Edited ]

I believe you are looking for Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella.  Although the actual plot line is a little different, she mid nervous and tells him all her secrets rather than bad mouthing him, it sounds like the same book.

New User
Vickytoria8589
0 Kudos

Re: Woman gets pompous new boss, accidentally bad mouths him on an airplane to said boss

Wow! Thank you so much! I am absolutely astounded that you were able to identify the book based on my poor description. I can't explain how excited and grateful I am. This is amazing. You're smarter than google. :smileyhappy: