New User
Vickytoria8589
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Woman gets pompous new boss, accidentally bad mouths him on an airplane to said boss

Hello,

Years ago I was in B&N and read a book jacket that intrigued me. It was about a woman who gets a new boss she's heard terrible things about, but has never met. She gets on an airplane and begins complaining about her boss to a handsome man, only to find out that her attractive new friend is, in fact, her new boss. I don't remember who the author is, what the book was called, or the character's name. I never read the book, and would really like to do so. Trying to identify this book using search engines has been fruitless, and after many years of frustration I am seeking help here. If anyone knows what book I am talking about and can give me a title or author, I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

Victoria

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Woman gets pompous new boss, accidentally bad mouths him on an airplane to said boss

[ Edited ]

I believe you are looking for Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella.  Although the actual plot line is a little different, she mid nervous and tells him all her secrets rather than bad mouthing him, it sounds like the same book.

New User
Vickytoria8589
0 Kudos

Re: Woman gets pompous new boss, accidentally bad mouths him on an airplane to said boss

Wow! Thank you so much! I am absolutely astounded that you were able to identify the book based on my poor description. I can't explain how excited and grateful I am. This is amazing. You're smarter than google. :smileyhappy: