Frequent Contributor
jreed81
0 Kudos

a book ive been looking for about an ex soldier vampire hunter

please help! im going crazy looking for these books! war vet hunting vampires, avenging dead brother[ Edited ]
Friday - last edited Friday

read both in the mid-late 90's. i believe they were written not long before then. the 1st is about an ex soldier vampire hunter searching for the master vamp who killed his brother while he was in the war(vietnam i think) he is actually aided by his brothers ghost. he tracks the vamp to a small town where his mangled corpse is slowly regenerating. he eventually awakens and turns most of the town. the main way of dispatching the blood suckers is decapitation and the soldiers main weapon is the m16 i believe. in 1 part the soldiers captured by vamps and the master attempts to turn him by making him drink from hislower regions, explaining that the norm is a small wound in the chest but he is making an exception for him. the vamp gets destracted by the brothers ghost and the soldier escapes, grabs his machine gun and nearly decapitates the vamp. he realized what the soldier was doing and narrowly escapes. the soldier and a small band of survivors manage to retake the town, destroying the vamps, including the master, but the soldiers hunt continues in his mission to destroy all vampires.

Wordsmith
Runnergirl77
0 Kudos

Re: a book ive been looking for about an ex soldier vampire hunter

I have googled several book sites with the info you gave, but to no avail.  Was this a novel in the traditional sense, or was it more along the lines of a graphic novel.

The vampire genre is very prolific right now, more so than when Anne Rice's novels were popular.  Have you tried posting to some of the vampire fan sites?  I'm sure that somebody there might know of the books you are looking for.

By the way, we folks aren't paid to be on the boards; we are here to help out of kindness and nothing more.  Chillax a bit, will you?  Your last post was rather harsh.

Wordsmith
Runnergirl77
0 Kudos

Perhaps these folks can help you?  It's an online Vampire Library.  Must be a night job...

http://www.vampirelibrary.com/

Frequent Contributor
jreed81
0 Kudos

thank you i appreciate the help.