Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
binkyhippy
0 Kudos

forgot title of a book about an native american girl (fiction)

So I remember reading a book about an indian girl when I was in grade school. I remember main points of the book, such like in the beginning where her and a sister or a friend are in a field tending to sheep and they get kidnapped by white men. I dont remember exactly how but she ends up getting saved and returns to her tribe, where they end up getting relocated by the settlers. I also remember that when they are moving, she ends up taking someones baby because they died, and the baby dies in her arms :smileysad: then her and a boy from her tribe (the one who saved her i believe) end up escaping and live in a cave where they have children. I know that's not much to go by, I wish i could remember more, i don't recall any names or the author. Search engines are useless at this point. Hopefully someone can help me with this. If not then I'll be very sad :smileysad: