Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Thisisthegirl
0 Kudos

girls buys wings and glues them on then starts to turn into bird

i remember the wings being different colours and she had to drink a potion as well.  she started getting bird traits then eventually became bird like and flew with some canada geese.  please help me if you remember this too!  thanks

Frequent Contributor
drgnlady
0 Kudos

Re: girls buys wings and glues them on then starts to turn into bird

It sounds very familiar but I don't remember the title.  If I'm remembering the same book, it was a juvenile chapter book that I read in the early 90s if that helps anyone narrow it down.  The girl took a very long time to put the wings together and had to attach each feather individually.

Contributor
Ruadh
0 Kudos

Re: girls buys wings and glues them on then starts to turn into bird

This sounds reminiscent of Roald Dahl's 'The Magic Finger'. The version I read had quite distinctive black and white line drawings by Quentin Blake. The bit that sounds similar is that the girl has a magic finger and when she gets angry and points at people something happens to them. In the book she is angry with her next door neighbours who are hunters and her finger transforms them so they have wings and at one point they do fly in formation with some Canada geese. Could this be the book you're thinking of?