New User
Thisisthegirl
0 Kudos

girls buys wings and glues them on then starts to turn into bird

i remember the wings being different colours and she had to drink a potion as well.  she started getting bird traits then eventually became bird like and flew with some canada geese.  please help me if you remember this too!  thanks

Frequent Contributor
drgnlady
0 Kudos

Re: girls buys wings and glues them on then starts to turn into bird

It sounds very familiar but I don't remember the title.  If I'm remembering the same book, it was a juvenile chapter book that I read in the early 90s if that helps anyone narrow it down.  The girl took a very long time to put the wings together and had to attach each feather individually.

Contributor
Ruadh
0 Kudos

Re: girls buys wings and glues them on then starts to turn into bird

This sounds reminiscent of Roald Dahl's 'The Magic Finger'. The version I read had quite distinctive black and white line drawings by Quentin Blake. The bit that sounds similar is that the girl has a magic finger and when she gets angry and points at people something happens to them. In the book she is angry with her next door neighbours who are hunters and her finger transforms them so they have wings and at one point they do fly in formation with some Canada geese. Could this be the book you're thinking of?