New User
katherineevu
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

romantic teen? novel

[ Edited ]

i read this book this summer, and I can't remember the title of the book.  if i remember correctly, the author is deborah phillips.  here's what i remember of the plot:

the narrator has two sisters, the youngest sister is named/called Princess.  her mom owns a makeup company.  her mom is always invading on her life, and introducing her to different guys.  they are a typical southern black family, they go to church, etc.  one day, her mom brings this guy to her house, while she is in the shower, dancing around.  he sees her.  later, her mom tells her that they will be going on a roadtrip in an rv together.  she absolutely hates the guy at first, and at first, just to spite him, she shows up at the rv at the beginning of their trip dressed like a hobo, but their romance develops, as the roadtrip goes on.  on their roadtrip, they stop at a town, where she goes to a bar, and tries an alcoholic drink called "sex on the beach" and gets her watch stolen, and she is passed out, and he takes her back to the rv, thinks so much about having sex with her, but doesn't.  the next day, she wakes up, thinking he took advantage of her, but he didn't, and at one point, she accidentally uses some cream of his, and she has to cut her hair short.  he shaves his head, to support her.  her younger sister, Princess is secretly having sex with a man i can't remember the name of. 

the book i had, the cover was pink, green and white, and it had a picture of two people, the woman with her arms around a man's neck, and his arms on her back....if that helps, hopefully.

i really hope this helps anyone who can help me.  i really liked this book, i just can't remember the name :l

thank you! :]

Contributor
hdeakyne
0 Kudos

Re: romantic teen? novel

New User
katherineevu
0 Kudos

Re: romantic teen? novel

yupp, that's the one.  thank you very much! :]