Since 1997, you’ve been coming to to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Posts: 3
Registered: ‎02-17-2012
0 Kudos

whats this book called?

ok so its a highlander time travel romance and all i remember is that a girl went on vacation and she then took her car for a drive and when she looked behind her a guy was following her she got out of her car and started running with the bad guy behind her she falls and ends up in a diffent time the  past. a bunch of highlanders a circling her when she lands in the past and are very skeptical about her motives for being on their land. the highlanders wanted to kill her until they noticec she was a female.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Posts: 1,043
Registered: ‎03-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: whats this book called?

A little like Outlander (Outlander Series #1)   except for the car chase bit.


New User
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎04-17-2013
0 Kudos

Re: whats this book called?

This sounds like Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.

Posts: 7
Registered: ‎05-16-2013
0 Kudos

Re: whats this book called?

Could also possibly be a Lynne Kurland one, she does a lot of falling through random time gates into the highlands ones.