Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
nadiam15
0 Kudos

Re: New Love in the Time of Cholera Movie

Hello Everyone,
I just found the movie's actual website. The website address is http://www.loveinthetime.com/

Jessica, I will be going to see the movie. Before I see the movie, I want to finish the book and discuss it with the rest of you.
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

I totally agree! Let's all finish the book before the movie comes out! (I always like to compare, anyway.)
Frequent Contributor
APenForYourThoughts
0 Kudos

I desperately want to see this movie, but as it's rated R, I can't get in without a parent/guardian, and there is no way I'm going to be allowed to see it... I'll just have to wait awhile, I guess. It looks great, though. :smileyhappy:
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." --Kafka
Frequent Contributor
APenForYourThoughts
0 Kudos

Hey! Someone posted this website on IMDB. It has ten clips from the movie!!!
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_ezine&task=read&page=1&category=5&article=3474
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." --Kafka
New User
launik
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi, I love this author, I just finished reading one of his books, but in Spanish. I have been meaning to get this book though, so I guess now would be a good time. So anyone out there read in spanish?
HOpe we can chat about this book.
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi Launik,
We're Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the book!
Jessica
New User
marquezreader
0 Kudos

Loved this book...loved it long before Oprah put it in her club.
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

Hi Marquez,

What do you like best about the book? (Do you have a favorite scene or character?)

I think my favorite thing about the book is that all throughout, there are so many references to the ravages of aging, and the many ways people try desparately to sidestep them. Yet at the end of the book, when Fermina and Florentino are in their 70s, that's when their love finally gets to bloom ... despite the wrinkles, smells, aches, and pains.

Are you looking forward to the movie?
New User
jbadseed
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hello from the great state of Texas! I read the book in Spainish as part of my college spainish class. For the complete enjoyment of this book--read it in Spainish, it's beautiful! Anyhow, what a great book...it really has a relatively nice depth and expression. Quite enjoyable, also I really hope to offer my feelings on this piece of literature from a man's perspective. Looking forward to future discussion with all of you!
New User
diciccio
0 Kudos

Hello,

My name is lisa... I live in Northern California... I was given "love in the Time of Cholera" by a friend of mine a few years ago in spanish... I read that book 4 times... It is one of the best love stories written. He is an amazing writer. I love to read, but it is very hard for me to finish a book. If I am not grabbed by the writer in the first couple pages, I will never pick the book up again.. The first time I read it... I read the book in 2 days.... I wanted to know more... I read the same book in english about a month ago.
New User
PinkyMommie
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Jessica and I have been a B& N Book Club member for months I was just taking some time off and started to read. I am actually now reading "The DaVinci Code, I saw the movie but hey the book is totally awesome.Anyways I have heard about "Love in the time of cholera" and have heard great things and positive out looks. I am really looking foward to reading this book.
New User
bibliophile_jen
0 Kudos

Greetings everyone! Love in the Time of Cholera is the first novel by M�rquez I'm reading. I have read his much-anthologized short story "A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings" several times. I look forward to discussing the book with you all!
Users Online
Currently online: 29 members 355 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: