Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
zandyr83
0 Kudos

Reappearing Characters

I have often found myself reading one of her wonderful books wondering about characters. For exmple, I am sure I have read about Rosemary Ryan in book other than Tara Road. Does anyone else have some ideas about characters that reappear in other books? Who? What book?
Zandyr
Inspired Contributor
sgregg88
0 Kudos

Re: Reappearing Characters

That's part of the beauty of being a fan of Maeve Binchy's books - you never know when an old character will turn up...

This tends to happen with the books set in the more modern times... Tom and Cathy are in Scarlet Feather and Quentins. Brenda (who runs Quentins) turns up in Quentins, Scarlet Feather and Evening Class. I think she is also in Tara Road. Nora shows up in Quentins and Evening Class. I am sure there are others, but off the top of my head this is what I have come up with.

Shelby
New User
Georgia_Girl
0 Kudos

Thanks, Shelby, for your note on reappearing characters! I have read only Tara Road and Scarlet Feather previously, but had one of those "ah ha" moments while reading your post! How interesting- and clever!

Linda
Contributor
Kayth
0 Kudos

I am wondering if this group and perhaps some others relate back to The Copper Beech. Several of the characters seem familiar but I read the book so long ago, I don't remember!