New User
Lisawoz
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hello my name is Lisa and I am a fan of Jane Austen.  I have read all of her novels except Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey.  My favorite is Pride and Prejudice and I hope to enjoy Mansfield Park just as much.

New User
AuntSally
0 Kudos

Hi.  I'm a little intimidated by all the literary educators.  I hope my grammar is not too bad and that my comments don't embarrass me.  I do love to read.  Mostly as an escape but sometimes for more.  That is why I am reading Mansfield Park for the first time for this Book Club and at the same time I am reading The Flame and The Flower, a historical romance for the Romance Book Club.  That should really keep my brain on edge.  I read TF&TF first so I am off to start Mansfield Park.  sh 
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

I haven't gotten around to introducing myself yet. I've been participating in BN for several years now, enjoying myself tremendously as I ease into retirement. I'm quite fond of Austen, and look forward to discussing Mansfield Park, not my favorite Austen (that goes to Emma), but still a wonderful read.
0 Kudos

I guess I haven't introduced myself yet. This is my third time to read Mansfield Park, and I have enjoyed it more each time I have read it.
"Truth must of necessity be stranger than fiction, for fiction is the creation of the human mind, and therefore is congenial to it." ~~G.K. Chesterton
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Sally -- welcome! Know that most of us here seem to be people just enjoying the chance to read and to share and explore what we are reading. Most of us who have been around for awhile embarrass ourselves one time or another, but as far as I know all of us have survived. The more the inputs, the more fun, at least until they become overwhelming, as occasionally happens in the most popular boards. But this seems to be a good group. I am dipping in and out, mostly to "listen" to the conversation here, because my book pile has other things on the top at the moment. But do enjoy! Pepper

AuntSally wrote:
Hi. I'm a little intimidated by all the literary educators. I hope my grammar is not too bad and that my comments don't embarrass me. I do love to read. Mostly as an escape but sometimes for more. That is why I am reading Mansfield Park for the first time for this Book Club and at the same time I am reading The Flame and The Flower, a historical romance for the Romance Book Club. That should really keep my brain on edge. I read TF&TF first so I am off to start Mansfield Park. sh

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, Lisa!  Join the discussion when and where you are most comfortable.  Enjoy!

~ConnieK

Lisawoz wrote:

Hello my name is Lisa and I am a fan of Jane Austen.  I have read all of her novels except Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey.  My favorite is Pride and Prejudice and I hope to enjoy Mansfield Park just as much.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Oh, AuntSally, no worries here.  Book clubs just naturally draw English majors, teachers, etc. but that certainly does not mean that the only members of these clubs are "professionals."  I love hearing the perspectives of all kinds of readers--that's what makes the clubs so interesting!  I hope you'll just jump right in and participate whenever you like.  All members of the book clubs benefit from the insights, questions, and observations of each and every other member.

~ConnieK

AuntSally wrote:
Hi.  I'm a little intimidated by all the literary educators.  I hope my grammar is not too bad and that my comments don't embarrass me.  I do love to read.  Mostly as an escape but sometimes for more.  That is why I am reading Mansfield Park for the first time for this Book Club and at the same time I am reading The Flame and The Flower, a historical romance for the Romance Book Club.  That should really keep my brain on edge.  I read TF&TF first so I am off to start Mansfield Park.  sh 

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, Everyman (in case I didn't "officially" welcome you before).

~ConnieK

Everyman wrote:
I haven't gotten around to introducing myself yet. I've been participating in BN for several years now, enjoying myself tremendously as I ease into retirement. I'm quite fond of Austen, and look forward to discussing Mansfield Park, not my favorite Austen (that goes to Emma), but still a wonderful read.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, Laurel--I hope you'll share what you've come to like so much about this novel somewhere down on the board.

~ConnieK

Laurel wrote:
I guess I haven't introduced myself yet. This is my third time to read Mansfield Park, and I have enjoyed it more each time I have read it.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
Audrey555
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a new member.  I love Jane Austen and adore her wit and ironic style.  I have read her six novels.  Mansfield Park is definitely one of my favorites.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, Audrey555!  We have a lively discussion of the novel going on here.  I hope you'll feel comfortable just jumping right in!

~ConnieK

Audrey555 wrote:
Hello,

I am a new member.  I love Jane Austen and adore her wit and ironic style.  I have read her six novels.  Mansfield Park is definitely one of my favorites.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
austenaddict
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Jessie. I've been reading Mansfield Park for the past week or so and I just discovered Barnes and Noble Book Clubs and saw that there happened to be one for the book I was reading. What a coincidence! Is it too late for me to join?
Contributor
HeatherMH
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hello All,
This is my first BN bookclub, as I stumbled onto it accidently. I saw Mansfield Park and was thrilled at mention of my favorite Jane Austen novel.

My name is Heather and I'm from Coral Springs, FL. I love Jane Austen, I have all her collected works and I re-read Mansfield Park all the time. I am looking forward to reading what everyone has to say, even thought it appears I am jumping in late. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by HeatherMH on 05-23-2008 10:06 AM
Contributor
HeatherMH
0 Kudos

LOL...I'm in the same boat that you are! Maybe we can Book Club it together.
Scribe
Laurel
0 Kudos

Hi, Heather and Jessie. You're not too late! I, for one, will be eager to hear your perspectives. This is an unusual Jane Austen novel, and people certainly have wildly differing views on it.
"Truth must of necessity be stranger than fiction, for fiction is the creation of the human mind, and therefore is congenial to it." ~~G.K. Chesterton
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, austenaddict!  No; you're not too late at all.  Jump right in!

~ConnieK
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, Heather!  Feel free to jump right in to the discussion at any point that interests you!

~ConnieK

HeatherMH wrote:
Hello All,
This is my first BN bookclub, as I stumbled onto it accidently. I saw Mansfield Park and was thrilled at mention of my favorite Jane Austen novel.

My name is Heather and I'm from Coral Springs, FL. I love Jane Austen, I have all her collected works and I re-read Mansfield Park all the time. I am looking forward to reading what everyone has to say, even thought it appears I am jumping in late. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by HeatherMH on 05-23-2008 10:06 AM

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Users Online
Currently online:59 members 541 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: