Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Community Room

This section is for any type of conversation that doesn't relate directly to the book. Reply to this thread to begin your discussion.
Stephanie
Contributor
LetitiaP
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

[ Edited ]
Hi Stephanie:

Happy to be here in the Book Club! A bit about me: I'm a 35-year-old writer living in NYC and a big reader and photography fan. Some of my favorite photographic artists include Ansel Adams, Richard Avedon, Helmut Newton, William Wegman, and Annie Leibovitz.

So looking forward to chatting with the group about this fascinating novel -- and getting to know my fellow readers!

Letitia

Message Edited by LetitiaP on 07-10-2007 08:22 PM

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

Letitia,

Great to have you in the group - and I wanted you to let you (and everyone else) know that you can start discussion topics about whatever you want- if you're leaning toward the beginning of the book you can start your subject with "early chapters" or "middle chapters" or "whole book" so that people don't have to worry about reading a spoiler if they're just starting out reading.

Has Curtis become another of your favorite photographers? I constantly looked up his photographs online during my reading, and found that the faces he captured began to feel known to me. I'm not sure if that makes sense- his pictures made me feel as if I were a little part of the experience.
Stephanie
Users Online
Currently online: 56 members 1,043 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: