New User
pkallberg21
0 Kudos

Frankenstein Question

Hello!

I have been given an essay from my teacher which asks the following question: "How do you feel the ending suits the novel as a whole"?. He would like us to connect this to the following: Major themes, major characters, landscape, narrative technique, what makes a "good story" and the original context for the novel and the readers of Mary Shelley's period.

I would like you to give your ideas and comments, and any help would be very much appreciated.
Frequent Contributor
chad
0 Kudos

Re: Frankenstein Question

The Frankenstein question, some people say Franklinstein, but I'll say Freedomstein for now.

That is one sick essay question on Frankenstein. Well, I would have focused on the monster's reason for creation and that is simply, freedom. But you have to ask yourself (I think we are out of time for Frankenstein but without giving it away): "What does freedom mean? How can we be totally free? How can we achieve it?"

Chad
Frequent Contributor
chad
0 Kudos

Re: Frankenstein Question: Friend

Ooops!

I can't leave it at freedom, personally- so with our desire to be free, why do we need a friend?

Chad
Frequent Contributor
chad
0 Kudos

Major themes, major characters, landscape, narrative technique: last thoughts

[ Edited ]
Yea, it's not enough to separate things in this is way in the above subject heading. Maybe a trick question? The characters, landscape and narrative technique are all tied into Shelley's subject of an evolving language conjoined by words that have evolved little through time, and, help to create a reality far from the truth, like dark clouds obscuring the light of the moon, in a good horror story anyway...

Chad

Message Edited by chad on 03-23-200709:27 AM

New User
nicole-w-
0 Kudos

Re: Frankenstein Question

i found my essay hard too. mine was a different one it was about chapter 5 and how it was pivotal to the rest of the book.
the question isnt that hard if u think bout it logically...
Users Online
Currently online:61 members 447 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: