Frequent Contributor
leakybucket
0 Kudos

Metamorphosis

Ilana Said:

you can find me in the British Classics Book Club -- and, in January, leading the conversation about Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis and Other Stories.
-----------------------------------------

I wasn't sure where to put this question. I was planning on joining the Metamorphosis group. I was wondering if you will be just discussion Metamorphosis or the other short stories in the book as well? Also is there any other background material on Kafka that you would recommend getting and reading beforehand?

Bucky
Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

Re: Metamorphosis

leakybucket wrote:
Ilana Said:

you can find me in the British Classics Book Club -- and, in January, leading the conversation about Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis and Other Stories.

I wasn't sure where to put this question. I was planning on joining the Metamorphosis group. I was wondering if you will be just discussion Metamorphosis or the other short stories in the book as well? Also is there any other background material on Kafka that you would recommend getting and reading beforehand?

Bucky

Hi Bucky
I am so glad you'll be joining us for Kafka. We'll be reading a handful of the stories from the B&N Classics edition of The Metamorphosis and Other Stories, but because people will have different editions, I'm sure we'll touch some of his letters and parables too. We'll _certainly_ discuss Metamorphosis, so if you want to start reading there, that would be great.
I look forward to hearing from you in the group,
Ilana

Ilana
Check out my book, here and visit my website, here.

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Re: Ilana: Metamorphosis needs its own heading like Moby Dick

It won't be a good idea to read it here Ilana because this thread is still under the heading of Frankstein.

IlanaSimons wrote:

leakybucket wrote:
Ilana Said:

Bucky

Hi Bucky
I am so glad you'll be joining us for Kafka. We'll be reading a handful of the stories from the B&N Classics edition of The Metamorphosis and Other Stories, but because people will have different editions, I'm sure we'll touch some of his letters and parables too. We'll _certainly_ discuss Metamorphosis, so if you want to start reading there, that would be great.
I look forward to hearing from you in the group,
Ilana

Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

Of course we will be launiching a totally new thread...but it comes in January.

Ilana
Check out my book, here and visit my website, here.

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Fanuzzir managed to get a spot for Moby Dick before it was due to be discussed, perhaps you could get B&N techies to do the same for you?

IlanaSimons wrote:

BN Editor
LitEditor
0 Kudos

Choisya wrote:
Fanuzzir managed to get a spot for Moby Dick before it was due to be discussed, perhaps you could get B&N techies to do the same for you?

IlanaSimons wrote:

Not to worry, Choisya. Both The Metamorphosis and Other Stories and The Jungle will have their own dedicated book club spaces. You should see each of them on the site shortly, with a little bit of an introduction about the next month's discussion. As we get closer to January 8, the full range of discussion topics will be posted.

-Bill
Lit. and Fiction Editor, Barnes & Noble Book Clubs

See the latest news about book clubs in the Book Clubs Blog.
Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.

LitEditor wrote:

Choisya wrote:

IlanaSimons wrote:

Not to worry, Choisya. Both The Metamorphosis and Other Stories and The Jungle will have their own dedicated book club spaces. You should see each of them on the site shortly, with a little bit of an introduction about the next month's discussion. As we get closer to January 8, the full range of discussion topics will be posted.

-Bill
Lit. and Fiction Editor, Barnes & Noble Book Clubs

Users Online
Currently online:54 members 439 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: