Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Introductions

Welcome to the book club for The Book of Air and Shadows, a gripping literary thiller which moves between 17th century England and present-day America. At stake, a Shakespearean manuscript. I'm pleased to be your moderator for Michael Gruber's latest novel.

Introduce yourselves here -

Happy Reading,
Stephanie
Inspired Contributor
katknit
0 Kudos

Re: Introductions

Just by coincidence, I picked this book up this morning. Looking forward to reading along here. Will start Ch 1 tonite.
No two persons ever read the same book. [Edmund Wilson]
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I am Laura from the south coast of Maine, and a Barnes and Noble book discussion regular. I am really looking forward to reading this book. I have managed to get behind on a couple of books due back at the library (with waiting lists, so I can't renew them), so give me a week to put those behind me and give The Book of Air and Shadows my full attention. See you all next week!
Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!!

I just finished The Book of Air and Shadows last night & am looking forward to the discussion starting in earnest!

Stephanie wrote:
Welcome to the book club for The Book of Air and Shadows, a gripping literary thiller which moves between 17th century England and present-day America. At stake, a Shakespearean manuscript. I'm pleased to be your moderator for Michael Gruber's latest novel.

Introduce yourselves here -

Happy Reading,

Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
New User
StacyeJaye
0 Kudos

Hello fellow book lovers. This is my first time participating in any kind of book club; online or otherwise. I bought this book a few weeks ago and started reading it slowly. I work fulltime and go to school as well. Now that I am approaching the end of the spring semester I plan to finally give this book the attention it deserves. I am looking forward to sharing my opinions and various discussions with you.

Here's to a few welcomed sleepless nights!!

Stacye
Frequent Contributor
Wildflower
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. My name is Sue, and this is my first book discussion here with this new format. I participated in many book clubs with B&N before the format change. I am about 1/3 of the way through this book and I am looking forward to participating in this book discussion. I took the book out from the library and it is due back tomorrow (and I can't renew it) so I am hoping that I will be able to finish it (an all-nighter perhaps :smileyhappy: )
"It's never to late to be what you might have been" -George Eliot
Frequent Contributor
Bastet
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody~

I picked up The Book of Air and Shadows by chance in Barnes and Noble about a week ago and was immediately intrigued. I am happy to report that I ploughed through it in just a few days and it was excellent. I am looking forward to discussions on Michael Gruber's fantastic novel over the next few weeks.

=)

Rachel
Author
michaelgruber
0 Kudos

I'm the author. Welcome, and I'll be checking in here daily. This is my first participation in an on-line book club--it's looks an interesting way of meeting readers.
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Great to see you all here and ready to read! It's nice to see some familiar "faces" here, and some new ones as well. I know you'll love the online book group, it's lovely to be able to sit home in your comfy clothes and discuss books.

Michael, terrific to have you here, can't wait to get to know you a bit!
Stephanie
Contributor
Scatha25
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I am Jamie and I was looking for some new material to read and decided that this would be great. I have a BA in English literature so these topics always get my attention. Look forward to reading everyone's thoughts!

j.
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to ourselves.
Contributor
GypsyWriter
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Gruber, Stephanie, and Fellow Readers!

I stumbled across this web board while looking for something else and was immediately intrigued. I just picked up the book this morning and I'm very eager to start reading.

I live in Ohio, where I work full-time in Investment Services, am a part-time (online) Communications major, and also the single mother of 3 great kids.

Looking forward to some lively discussion with all of you!
Barb
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Barb,

Welcome, you've stumbled upon a great place! Happy to have you here, and I know you're in for an enjoyable read.
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
Margeit
0 Kudos

Re: Hi from Missouri

I am 48 years old and have been married for 30 years to a great guy. No children but we have two dogs and one cat, of course they are spoiled rotten.

I was on the boards alot before the "great change", Last month I finally figured out a few things so hopefully I will be able to post more.

I absolutely loved this book. I loved way the way that first person writer talks to you, decides importance of information, etc.

I'm really looking forward to this discussion.

Chat with you soon!
Margret
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Re: Hi from Missouri

Margret,

Glad to have you here. And if you still have questions about the new format, please feel free to ask.
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
Margeit
0 Kudos

Re: Histrocial

Margret
Frequent Contributor
Margeit
0 Kudos

Re: Historical Fiction Category

How does it work? I could only find under (historical fiction) Pam Jenoff's wonderful book from last month. I read and will participate in what I would call historical fiction TBOA&S. But, Tracy's book I think said in the description historical fiction.

If a new book was under historical fiction every month, you would be able to depend on the people you have come to know enjoy their posts. It looks like some of the regulars picked this book also, but I am trying to decide weather I need to try Tracy's book, I have never read one of her books and need to decide if I want to run B&N to pick it up for this month. I didn't seen as many regulars in it's introductions.
Margret
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Re: Historical Fiction Category

Margret,

I'm not sure what the Historical Fiction group is doing this month, I'm here and in The Woods with Harlan Coben. You'd have to check the main page, and I think all the new ones this month have [new] next to them.
Stephanie
Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 839 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: