Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Final Week

I wanted to remind all of you this is the final week for our group. Be sure to post your final questions and remarks. This has been such a wonderful book club, I can't thank you all enough for your thoughtful participation.

Michael, it has been such a pleasure getting to know you through this forum. Thank you so much for sharing such a lot of your time and knowledge with us here. It's truly been, not only an enjoyable experience, but an educational one as well. I hope you can join us again in the future.

There are lots of great groups starting up. Check out Center Stage - we're meeting Mary Kay Andrews starting next Monday, but you can go ahead and post ahead of her arrival.

Happy Reading!
Stephanie
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Re: Final Week

Michael, thank you so much for giving so generously of your time during this discussion group. I learned so much by reading Soul Catcher, understanding the history, and reading others' thoughts on the book and issues raised in it. Thank you to everyone for sharing your thoughts freely and respectfully. This was an outstanding discussion, one that I hope can be repeated when Michael's new book comes out (hint, hint, Michael). :smileyhappy: Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Michael,
I just wanted to say how much I really enjoyed your book, it was a great read. I also appreciate you being here with us to discuss it, that adds a lot to it and these types of forums always have me talking to others about the books I am reading hehe :smileywink:. For my fellow club mates, its been great. I loved our discussions and debates and just being able to without anyone getting all upset about our differing ideas or beliefs. Sure makes for a good club. I can learn more from those who speak up about their ideas that are different from mine, than I ever will when we all just sit and play "fanclub" :smileywink: You guys have been great and I look forward to sharing other books with you.

Happy Thanksgiving all, and Merry CHRISTMAS! yes, I said Christmas, thats what it's called, not Happy Holidays, a holiday is an English vacation, this is celebrating the birth of Christ so its Christmas and you know already, I am not into "political correctness" about some things lol. But then, Christmas is not political to me anyway. So again, Merry Christmas if i dont see you before then. lol :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Michael,
Thank you for joining us this month. I can't even begin to tell you how much I've learned from this book and this club. It was so enjoyable to chat with you and be able to ask you questions. You have been so attentive and involved. That doesn't always happen and it's very much appreciated. I will be enjoying more of your books and hope you will join us here in the future. Best wishes with your new book.
Thank you to everyone else here as well. I have had such a good time. :smileyhappy: I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving!
Frequent Contributor
ENG267
0 Kudos

Michael:

Thank you so much for spending your time with us and engaging in such interesting dialogue. You've been generous with your time and insights, which helped to make this such a rewarding discussion.

To all who've participated, I've enjoyed getting to know you from your posts and, in some cases, private messages. This was my first online discussion and, from what I gather from your comments, it'll be hard to top this one. I appreciate everyone's respectful and open-minded posts. You brought Michael's book even more alive for me. I hope to see you again in future discussions.

Happy Thanksgiving, All!

ENG267
Author
MichaelCWhite
0 Kudos

Hello to all Book Club members,

I, too, share your feelings and comments about this book club, and despite the work, will be sad at its conclusion. It has been a wonderful experience for me for several reasons, not the least of which I learned so much about my book, the characters, and the times in which they lived. I found your comments, discussions, and insights into the book extremely illuminating, passionate, and honest. I loved when several would work themselves into a passionate argument coming from differing points of view. This is, however, exactly the way literature should be discussed, should be experienced, by those who love to read and love, as I do, to enter into the lives and worlds of the books' characters. I enjoyed hearing about issues and insights that were completely foreign to me, and to hear about Soul Catcher, what critics have called a "man's book," in subtle and interesting ways, ways which opened up to me certain nuances and complexities of Cain's "maleness," I was only subconsciously--if that!--aware of. And finally, these discussions have introduced me to such wonderfully complex and interesting people as you folks. I actually came to look forward to signing in and listening in on all of this fascinating material. For all of this and much more, I wanted to say thanks--and what better day to do that than on Thanksgiving itself.

Take care all, and I hope to hear from you again when my next book comes out.

With warmest regards,
Michael

Learn more about
Soul Catcher
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Michael, This book was fabulous. I will never forget the marvelous discussion and all the history facts that I have been refreshed on. Thanks so much for accompanying us on this spirited journey to the civil war or slavery era with CAin and Rosetta and all the rest of the clan of characters , all being very vividly accounted for in your story. Hope you come back.
Users Online
Currently online: 58 members 743 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: