Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
readerz
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

My name is Karen. I love all types of books, and I'm trying to incorporate more classics into my reading. I dn't believe I've ever read Defoe before. 

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Welcome, Karen/readerz!  There's always a first time, so I hope you enjoy this novel and lots more classics coming up in the B&N.com Book Clubs!

~ConnieK

readerz wrote:
My name is Karen. I love all types of books, and I'm trying to incorporate more classics into my reading. I dn't believe I've ever read Defoe before. 

Message Edited by ConnieK on 02-21-2008 06:45 PM
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

I'm Katie, and I hope I'm not too late. I'm currently studying English literature at the graduate level, though my academic interests are American and a little bit later. I've read Robinson Crusoe several times, though not as a child, and Journal of the Plague Year. I'm reading Moll Flanders for the first time.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Hi, Katie--You're not too late!  This club will be active through the end of the month, but the board remains open after that for those who would like to continue the conversation.

Enjoy!

~ConnieK

krb2g wrote:
I'm Katie, and I hope I'm not too late. I'm currently studying English literature at the graduate level, though my academic interests are American and a little bit later. I've read Robinson Crusoe several times, though not as a child, and Journal of the Plague Year. I'm reading Moll Flanders for the first time.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
inkheart79
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Jackie and I graduated with my Undergraduate degree in English Literature and my Masters Degree in Library Science. I read Moll Flanders first as an undergrad and then again while visiting England. I find the book to be masterfully written and truly enjoyable. I feel that Moll has alot of interesting qualities. I look forward to hearing back and getting into the fun of the story.
New User
inkheart79
0 Kudos

Hi I have to agree with you about the BBC Alex Knigston version. What a lusty adaptation. Have seen other that I am not so enthralled with, enjoyed the book more.

Jackie
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, Jackie!  Feel free to jump right in!

~ConnieK

inkheart79 wrote:
Hi my name is Jackie and I graduated with my Undergraduate degree in English Literature and my Masters Degree in Library Science. I read Moll Flanders first as an undergrad and then again while visiting England. I find the book to be masterfully written and truly enjoyable. I feel that Moll has alot of interesting qualities. I look forward to hearing back and getting into the fun of the story.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Reader
Irisheyz77
0 Kudos

Hi I'm new to the whole B&N book clubs and was happy to see that Moll Flanders was listed as a book club discussion. I've never read Defoe before and this is a book that has been on my list for a while now. This is a book that I wanted to try to read this year and as an incentive to do so I added it to my 888 Challenge that I have going on another website. I wasn't sure when I might get to it but now that I know that this group exists I think that I might push it up in the queue so I can discuss it along with everyone else. =)
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Hi, Irisheyz77--This club was most active in Feb., 2008, but the book club boards remain open for readers to discuss the books indefinitely.  Just wanted you to know in case you don't see a moderator (I'm moderating other clubs now), or too many members stopping by.  Readers seem to bounce around many of the boards, both older and newer, though, so if you post a question, you just might still see some activity here.

~ConnieK

Irisheyz77 wrote:
Hi I'm new to the whole B&N book clubs and was happy to see that Moll Flanders was listed as a book club discussion. I've never read Defoe before and this is a book that has been on my list for a while now. This is a book that I wanted to try to read this year and as an incentive to do so I added it to my 888 Challenge that I have going on another website. I wasn't sure when I might get to it but now that I know that this group exists I think that I might push it up in the queue so I can discuss it along with everyone else. =)

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 253 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: