Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome from your Moderator!

[ Edited ]
Welcome, readers, to the MOLL FLANDERS Book Club! I look forward to sharing impressions of this book with you during the month of February. If I can be of any help during the course of our discussion, please feel free to reply to this message with your questions or comments or PM (private message) me directly. I'll do what I can to help! Be sure to introduce yourself to the group in the "Introduce Yourself" thread.

Just so you know, I structure the message board such that threads that should be "spoiler-free" are positioned above the line on the page. If you are someone who likes to discuss as you read and does not want to know plot details ahead of time, you may want to keep to the threads above the line. Topic threads below the line are for broader discussion of the book as a whole. Readers who have finished the book may feel free to post whatever they like from anywhere in the book in threads appearing below the line. Please respect our step-by-step participants by not posting "spoilers" in the threads above the line. This includes giving away anything about the plot in your introduction post.

Two other points: In posts, I will often refer to pages on the "B&N Classics edition" of the novel. This is the edition linked at the top of our book club. However, you need not have this edition to join in the discussion or to be part of the book club. Secondly, though I set out some beginning threads for discussion and will add threads from time to time, these are by no means meant to be the only threads of discussion in the club. Readers should feel free to initiate their own topic threads of interest at any time.

With those basic guidelines out of the way, I hope you will join us over the next few weeks in sharing this classic novel and good conversation!

Our discussion of Daniel Defoe's MOLL FLANDERS begins February 4th.

"See" you soon!

~ConnieK

Message Edited by ConnieK on 02-04-2008 09:17 AM
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Users Online
Currently online: 61 members 731 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: