Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
SkipMcGrath
0 Kudos

A Welcome from Skip McGrath

Welcome to the world of selling on eBay. eBay is the world's largest online marketplace where people come together to buy and sell goods. Today -- a little over 10 years after eBay started -- there are over 85 million members registered from 23 countries and that number is still growing at a rate of over 17% per year. About 14 million new members will join eBay during 2007.

My wife, Karen, and I are full-time sellers. There are about 600,000 full-time sellers in the US alone and another 3 to 4 million sell part-time or occasionally. Big business has discovered the internet. Their massive web sites and advertising power make it very difficult today for the little guy or gal that operates out of their house to have a presence, but eBay is somewhat of a more level playing field. If you launch an auction for a product also being sold by a big business, your auction comes up right alongside theirs and gets equal billing. There are not breaks or discounts for big sellers. What this means is that eBay offers the lowest barrier to entry for the ordinary person to participate in the internet business boom. My book, Three Weeks to eBay Profits is all about you getting a piece of that action. I take you by the hand and show you step-by-step, day-by-day how easy it is to find something to sell, how to list in on eBay and make a profit doing so.

-Skip

About the Author

Skip McGrath has been an eBay power Seller since 1999 and he is currently at the Gold Power Seller level (someone that sells between $10,000 and $25,000 month). He is a registered eBay Trading Assistant, and has lectured at eBay's annual convention and training event, eBay Live.

Skip, and his wife Karen, started selling antiques and collectibles from their antique shop in the early days of eBay. After gaining experience from hundreds of successful auctions, Skip wrote his first book in 1999, The eBay Power Seller's Manual. Since then Skip has authored eight additional books including his latest Ten Little Known Highly Profitable eBay Niche Markets Anyone Can Do. He also publishes The eBay Sellers News, the oldest and largest newsletter for eBay sellers, available at Skip McGrath.com.

Skip McGrath
Author and publisher of The eBay Seller's News
Subscribe at http://www.skipmcgrath.com
Contributor
johnbull22
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome from Skip McGrath

Hi Skip-thank you for doing the book club.I am still waiting for the book.In the meantime I have printed out your 99 tips for buying and selling.I have started implementing some of them-so hopefully this will help increase sales.I have also spent time reading all the wonderful information on your site and have more to go.Thanks-Ann
Users Online
Currently online: 46 members 892 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: