BN Editor
BookClubEditor
0 Kudos

Know Thyself -- Career Styles

What is your career style -- analytical, bold, or caring? If you seemed to fall into more than one category, can you explain how your career styles work together? Does it depend on certain circumstances?

Knowing what you now know about your personality, what are some things that you can do to minimize or overcome these weaknesses?

Reply to this message to discuss this topic. Or start your own new topic by clicking "New Message."

Contributor
ali01
0 Kudos

Re: Know Thyself -- Career Styles

As I read over the three career styles I am vascilating between Bold and Caring. In my previous job as an Education Advisor in a university, service to my students was foremost in my mind and I believe that my success was due to how I cared for and guided them. I can make decisions based on both emotion and intellect, I am self-confident and very change-oriented, but I am not overly agressive, although I can be assertive. I have taken on Director roles very easily and care about how people I work for treat their employees. Now that I have written this, I am leaning more toward Bold because I cannot see myself in social work as much as in sales and advertising or in public speaking. I have recently been asked to be an adjunct professor of business but want to make sure this is a field suitable for me before I take it on. I tested Very Superior in Business on the NCAS tests and came in High Average under the Social test. Am I a good fit for teaching business? I am looking forward to finding out.
Frequent Contributor
emily_card
0 Kudos

Re: Know Thyself -- Career Styles

ali01 wrote:
As I read over the three career styles I am vascilating between Bold and Caring. In my previous job as an Education Advisor in a university, service to my students was foremost in my mind and I believe that my success was due to how I cared for and guided them. I can make decisions based on both emotion and intellect, I am self-confident and very change-oriented, but I am not overly agressive, although I can be assertive. I have taken on Director roles very easily and care about how people I work for treat their employees. Now that I have written this, I am leaning more toward Bold because I cannot see myself in social work as much as in sales and advertising or in public speaking. I have recently been asked to be an adjunct professor of business but want to make sure this is a field suitable for me before I take it on. I tested Very Superior in Business on the NCAS tests and came in High Average under the Social test. Am I a good fit for teaching business? I am looking forward to finding out.

Hi,

In my opinion, you would be if you have the requisite credentials. Business is taught at both the undergraduate and graduate levels of universities, as well as in some high schools. Graduate business schools pay very well, so those jobs are very competitive. Undergraduate business studies might be more accessible.

What's your training?

Best,

Emily
Users Online
Currently online:50 members 561 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: