Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
BookClubEditor
0 Kudos

Your NCAS Results -- Aptitude

Read "What Your Scores Tell You" on page 77 of Discover What You're Best At.

After scoring the tests, did you perform as you expected in each area? What have you discovered about yourself as a result of taking these tests? What are the greatest concerns you have regarding your results? How do you intend to take advantage of your newly found aptitudes?

Reply to this message to discuss this topic. Or start your own new topic by clicking "New Message."

Contributor
ali01
0 Kudos

Re: Your NCAS Results -- Aptitude

I didn't have any major surprises, although I didn't expect to score so high in Business (Very Superior). I knew I would score low in the Numerical, Mechanical and Logic areas and I did score from average to low in these areas. For Social, I scored High Average and that was no surprise to me. I suppose the most surprising area was Clerical which I thought I would do better in, although I didn't complete 21 questions since time ran out. I'm not sure if my scores put me in the B cluster or the BS cluster. I know myself pretty well but transitioning this information into a new career goal is a little intimidating. I already have degrees in business and don't want to pay for additional coursework unless I know for sure I find a good fit.
Author
LindaGale
0 Kudos

Dear Reader:

Let's discuss your strengths in business and the career(s)you have had(have)presently and where you should go from here? Best, Linda Gale
Author
LindaGale
0 Kudos

Re: Your NCAS Results -- Aptitude

"I know myself pretty well but transitioning this information into a new career goal is a little intimidating."

Linda Gale Says:

"Could also prove to be very exciting and rewarding, personally and professionally speaking. Fear is The Greatest Enemy We Have!

Make note of all careers listed that involve strengths in business and social...since test results show that these are your greatest areas of strength - career-wise."
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 532 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: