becke_davis
0 Kudos

2009 Edgar Winners Announced

Here are the Edgar Winners for Works written/produced in 2008

BEST NOVEL: Blue Heaven by C.J. Box (St. Martin’s Minotaur)
BEST FIRST NOVEL BY AN AMERICAN AUTHOR: The Foreigner by Francie Lin (Picador)
BEST PAPERBACK ORIGINAL: China Lake by Meg Gardiner (New American Library – Obsidian Mysteries)
BEST FACT CRIME: American Lightning: Terror, Mystery, the Birth of Hollywood, and the Crime of the Century by Howard Blum (Crown Publishers)
BEST CRITICAL/BIOGRAPHICAL: Edgar Allan Poe: An Illustrated Companion to His Tell-Tale Stories by Dr. Harry Lee Poe (Metro Books)
BEST SHORT STORY: "Skinhead Central" - The Blue Religion by T. Jefferson Parker (Hachette Book Group – Little, Brown and Company)
BEST JUVENILE: The Postcard by Tony Abbott (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers)
BEST YOUNG ADULT: Paper Towns by John Green (Penguin Young Readers Group – Dutton Children’s Books)
BEST PLAY: The Ballad of Emmett Till by Ifa Bayeza (Goodman Theatre, Chicago, IL)
BEST TELEVISION EPISODE TELEPLAY: “Prayer of the Bone” – Wire in the Blood, Teleplay by Patrick Harbinson (BBC America)
BEST MOTION PICTURE SCREENPLAY: In Bruges, Screenplay by Martin McDonagh (Focus Features)
ROBERT L. FISH MEMORIAL AWARD: "Buckner's Error" - Queens Noir by Joseph Guglielmelli (Akashic Books)
GRAND MASTERS: James Lee Burke, Sue Grafton
RAVEN AWARDS: Edgar Allan Poe Society, Baltimore, Maryland
Poe House, Baltimore, Maryland
THE SIMON & SCHUSTER - MARY HIGGINS CLARK AWARD: The Killer’s Wife by Bill Floyd (St. Martin’s Minotaur)
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: 2009 Edgar Winners Announced

Author
Beth_Groundwater
0 Kudos

I am a huge fan of C.J. Box's Joe Pickett series, and I'm thrilled that he won the Edgar for Best Novel. I can tell you that the award is well-deserved. That man can write!
--
Beth Groundwater, http://bethgroundwater.com/
DEADLY CURRENTS, 03/11, A REAL BASKET CASE re-release, 11/11
WICKED EDDIES, 05/12, TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET re-release, 11/12
FATAL DESCENT, 06/13, A BASKET OF TROUBLE, 11/13
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I have his award-winning book in my dangerous TBR pile, along with a lot of other books on this list!