Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
TLCooper
0 Kudos

Any J. A. Jance fans?

I've been reading J. A. Jance books lately since she is the Guest of Honor at Murder in the Grove, a mystery conference for mystery writers and fans.  I find the books interesting.  I would like to know what others think of her books.
T. L. Cooper
Author of All She Ever Wanted
www.tlcooper.com
Frequent Contributor
AllieK
0 Kudos

Re: Any J. A. Jance fans?

I love her Joanna Brady series books! Having lived in southern Arizona (Tucson), I love being familiar with the area that she writes about. Her writing is very good and easy to read. I can't wait to read her new Ali Reynolds series, looks really good! I haven't read the Beaumont series (I tend to lean toward female leads)...but have heard only good things about them!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

AllieK wrote:
I love her Joanna Brady series books! Having lived in southern Arizona (Tucson), I love being familiar with the area that she writes about. Her writing is very good and easy to read. I can't wait to read her new Ali Reynolds series, looks really good! I haven't read the Beaumont series (I tend to lean toward female leads)...but have heard only good things about them!

I've read a few books from each of those series and liked them a lot.  I seem to remember that one book combined Joanna Brady and Beaumont.  I haven't read any of the Ali Reynolds series -- what are they like?
Contributor
TLCooper
0 Kudos

I've read the first Ali Reynolds book, and I enjoyed it.  It has a slightly different feel than Jance's other series but is still as much an examination of life as it is about solving the mystery.  I like this about Jance's work.
T. L. Cooper
Author of All She Ever Wanted
www.tlcooper.com
New User
YotieCoyote
0 Kudos

Hey Jance fans - Ms. Jance is going to be the honoree at the Outstanding Stories fundraiser for the Pima Library Foundation on October 24 in Tucson. She'll have her new book and her dog! Check her website for details if you'd like to meet her.
New User
YotieCoyote
0 Kudos

Jance rocks.  Love her Joanna Brady character and as a native Tucsonan who worked ambulance here, I assure you Jance gets the details right.  BTW - Ms. Jance will be the honoree and speaking and signing books at the Pima Library Foundation fundraiser in October in Tucson, on the 24th, so anyone with a spare $75 for a great Library fundraiser that includes food, beverages and a book signing should check out her website!  I will definitely be there. 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Second Watch  

Ring In the Dead (J. P. Beaumont Series Novella)  

Judgment Call (Joanna Brady Series #14)  

Deadly Stakes  

Betrayal of Trust (J. P. Beaumont Series #20)  

Left for Dead  

After the Fire  

Damage Control (Joanna Brady Series #13)  

Exit Wounds (Joanna Brady Series #11)  

Birds of Prey (J. P. Beaumont Series #15)  

Breach of Duty (J. P. Beaumont Series #14)  

Paradise Lost (Joanna Brady Series #9)  

Fire and Ice (Joanna Brady Series #14 / J. P. Beaumont Series #19)  

Edge of Evil (Ali Reynolds Series #1)  

Without Due Process (J. P. Beaumont Series #10)  

Deadly Stakes  

Name Withheld (J. P. Beaumont Series #13)  

Rattlesnake Crossing (Joanna Brady Series #6)  

Long Time Gone (J. P. Beaumont Series #17)  

Lying in Wait (J. P. Beaumont Series #12)  

Until Proven Guilty (J. P. Beaumont Series #1)  

Failure to Appear (J. P. Beaumont Series #11)  

Desert Heat (Joanna Brady Series #1)  

Outlaw Mountain (Joanna Brady Series #7)  

A More Perfect Union (J. P. Beaumont Series #6)  

Partner in Crime (Joanna Brady Series #10 / J. P. Beaumont Series #16)  

Improbable Cause (J. P. Beaumont Series #5)  

Payment in Kind (J. P. Beaumont Series #9)  

Shoot Don't Shoot (Joanna Brady Series #3)  

Fatal Error  

Justice Denied (J. P. Beaumont Series #18)  

Tombstone Courage (Joanna Brady Series #2)  

Dead Wrong (Joanna Brady Series #12)  

Queen of the Night (Brandon Walker and Diana Ladd Series #4)  

Fire and Ice (Joanna Brady Series #14 / J. P. Beaumont Series #19)  

Devil's Claw (Joanna Brady Series #8)  

Queen of the Night (Brandon Walker and Diana Ladd Series #4)  

Dismissed with Prejudice (J. P. Beaumont Series #7)  

Skeleton Canyon (Joanna Brady Series #5)  

Hour of the Hunter (Brandon Walker and Diana Ladd Series #1)  

Minor in Possession (J. P. Beaumont Series #8)  

Dead to Rights (Joanna Brady Series #4)  

Day of the Dead (Brandon Walker and Diana Ladd Series #3)  

Left for Dead  

Trial by Fury (J. P. Beaumont Series #3)  

Kiss of the Bees (Brandon Walker and Diana Ladd Series #2)  

Injustice for All (J. P. Beaumont Series #2)