Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Authors! Readers! Post Your Holiday Greetings Here!

[ Edited ]

I thought it would be fun to have a thread where old friends and new could check in and post virtual Christmas cards - or wishes for whatever holiday you celebrate. I don't want to leave anyone out!

This is to get us started!

(To post an image, find one on the web - try Google Images - and right click on it. Click "Copy Image" and paste it into a comment box here.)

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Authors! Readers! Post Your Holiday Wishes Here!

[ Edited ]

Thanks  for the thread Becke, 

Merry Christmas to all my mystery friends but I'll have to copy your image mine only shows up as a blue question mark when I do it. LOL

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

dhaupt wrote:

Thanks  for the thread Becke, 

Merry Christmas to all my mystery friends but I'll have to copy your image mine only shows up as a blue question mark when I do it. LOL

Debbie - It's a mystery...

(A quote from one of my all-time favorite movies, Shakespeare in Love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Zi2N1Q8-Y&feature=related)

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Boop-boop-a-doop, Merry Christmas!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Authors! Readers! Post Your Holiday Greetings Here!

[ Edited ]
Author
LoisWinston
0 Kudos

imgres.jpg

Happy holidays, Becke and everyone else! I thought this Google image was perfect since I have a crafting mystery series coming out -- which BTW, even though the official release date isn't until Jan. 8th, it seems that ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY GLUE GUN is already being shipped at BN.com and that other online vendor whose name must not be mentioned on this site. :smileywink:

Lois Winston
http://www.loiswinston.com
http://www.anastasiapollack.blogspot.com
Author
LoisWinston
0 Kudos

Well, darn! The image didn't come through. It was quite cute, though.

Lois Winston
http://www.loiswinston.com
http://www.anastasiapollack.blogspot.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

LoisWinston wrote:

Well, darn! The image didn't come through. It was quite cute, though.

I tried to go in and fix it, but no luck. :-(

Merry Christmas!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Thought I would be a bit different and offer a Southwestern-themed Christmas here.

Wishing everyone Feliz Navidad! Prospero Ano Felicidad!

*Leaves, singing " I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas, I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas..."*

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka - I love the luminarias they have in Albuquerque at Christmas time. That's my only experience of a Southwestern Christmas!

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Thought I would be a bit different and offer a Southwestern-themed Christmas here.

*Leaves, singing " I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas, I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas..."*

"Fleas on my dog.  Fleas on my dog..." :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue: :smileywink:

(Sorry, I can't resist mondegreens!  And if you don't know what mondegreens are, check out this link, which has an explanation, as well as a special list of Christmas mondegreens, many of which I've never heard before.  My favorite new one is Get dressed, ye married gentlemen!)

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/humor/mondegreens.asp

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Fricka wrote:

"Fleas on my dog.  Fleas on my dog..." :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue: :smileywink:

(Sorry, I can't resist mondegreens!  And if you don't know what mondegreens are, check out this link, which has an explanation, as well as a special list of Christmas mondegreens, many of which I've never heard before.  My favorite new one is Get dressed, ye married gentlemen!)

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/humor/mondegreens.asp

HILARIOUS!!!

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Merry Christmas!

becke_davis

Ooh - it's so pretty here! I love it! Here's a little more sparkle...

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Oh Becke I'd love this for my front door, it's fabulous 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Oh Becke I'd love this for my front door, it's fabulous 

I always get my parents a blue wreath, or a wreath with blue decorations. My mom LOVES blue!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Oooh - I found another cute one!

I was looking at mini graphics and emoticons. I'm obsessed with sparkly stuff!

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Love the little emoticon all tangled up!

We need some snowglobes...

Snowglobes

Cat Tapping Snow Globe

(So easy to get carried away!)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I love snow globes! Let's do get carried away - it's more fun that way!

Gif snow globesGif snow globesSnow Globe commentGif snow globes