becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Barnes & Noble Mystery Forum Schedule

dulcinea3 wrote:

Becke, that's exciting that your daughter is moving to Chicago, too!  She's leaving DisneyWorld?  It will be nice to have the family all together!

I hope that Fricka will be able to get back onto the forum - my guess is that auther was one of her requests!

It might have been - I don't remember for sure. The requested were posted back in January, I think. Have I missed any authors you've requested? Let me know!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

Becke, that's exciting that your daughter is moving to Chicago, too!  She's leaving DisneyWorld?  It will be nice to have the family all together!

I hope that Fricka will be able to get back onto the forum - my guess is that auther was one of her requests!

Yes, after almost 9 years, my daughter is leaving Disney. I hope she'll be able to find a good job in Chicago! She's homesick, and we have a lot of family in Chicago. I think she'll miss Florida winters, too!

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

It might have been - I don't remember for sure. The requested were posted back in January, I think. Have I missed any authors you've requested? Let me know!

Hmmm, well, I know Carolyn Hart has been here, but can never post.  Martha Grimes and Elizabeth Peters are probably too 'big'.  I think I might have suggested Carrie Bebris, who writes the Mr. & Mrs. Darcy series.  Maybe Stephanie Barron, who writes  the Jane Austen serie.  Unfortunately, many of my favorites are deceased (Christie, Sayers, Marsh, even Lilian Jackson Braun)!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

Hmmm, well, I know Carolyn Hart has been here, but can never post.  Martha Grimes and Elizabeth Peters are probably too 'big'.  I think I might have suggested Carrie Bebris, who writes the Mr. & Mrs. Darcy series.  Maybe Stephanie Barron, who writes  the Jane Austen serie.  Unfortunately, many of my favorites are deceased (Christie, Sayers, Marsh, even Lilian Jackson Braun)!

I think you did mention Stephanie Barron - I need to work on that, and Carrie Bebris, too. Carolyn Hart has visited but, as you mentioned, has pretty much given up on trying to beat the gnomes here. I post her comments for her now. Not ideal, but it gives her a way to join us. I met Elizabeth Peters a year or two ago, very briefly. She was surrounded by fans and other authors, so I didn't attempt to invite her. She wasn't very well at the time - I'm not sure she'd be up for a visit. Martha Grimes is more likely to be scooped up by one of the B&N bloggers or B&N Studio, for a video. 

Lately, I hesitate to invite the big name authors because their time is at a premium, and a) they often can't sign in and b) the participation level here has been so low lately, many authors are disappointed. Even when I promote on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc., it doesn't seem to bring new people to the forums. :-( 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Coming up at B&N's Mystery Forum:

Week of August 12 – Leslie Budewitz

Week of August 19 – Merline Lovelace 

Week of August 26 – Susan Wittig Albert

Week of September 2 – Amanda Flower guest blog 

Week of September 2 – Featured author Denise Swanson

Week of September 9 – Laurie R. King 

Week of September 16 – Libby Hellmann

Week of September 23 – Deborah Sharp

Week of September 30 – Stephanie Barron

I will be out of town from about August 22 to September 3rd (I have to check my plane tickets for the exact dates). I'll have my computer but won't be online much. As you can see, we have some very special guests, including return visits from old friends and first time visits by authors you requested. Spread the word!

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Thanks, Becke!  I will DEFINITELY be here for Susan Wittig Albert and Stephanie Barron!!!  Excited!

BTW, I am enjoying all the photos of Adaline on Facebook so much!  I especially loved the one where your daughter was peeking at her through the refrigerator door - it's clear she adores your daughter!  I wish I could comment, but I do sometimes hit Like!  Also thanks for posting about Karen Black's death - I always really liked her.  She was in some great horror and mystery movies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Thanks, Becke!  I will DEFINITELY be here for Susan Wittig Albert and Stephanie Barron!!!  Excited!

BTW, I am enjoying all the photos of Adaline on Facebook so much!  I especially loved the one where your daughter was peeking at her through the refrigerator door - it's clear she adores your daughter!  I wish I could comment, but I do sometimes hit Like!  Also thanks for posting about Karen Black's death - I always really liked her.  She was in some great horror and mystery movies.

I'm excited about Susan Wittig Albert, too! Unfortunately, so far she's been unable to post comments. (I suggested she sign in early because of our continuing sign in issues.) If it comes to it, we'll do the same thing I've had to do with Charles Salzberg this week - she'll email her responses and I'll post them on her behalf. But, fingers crossed, maybe she'll be able to overcome the gnomes, trolls and gremlins before her featured week.

I was sad to see Karen Black had died, too. She isn't as well known now as she used to be, but she was a fabulous actress!

Alfred Hitchcock: the Masterpiece Collection  

Trilogy of Terror  

Five Easy Pieces  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Here's the picture of Adaline (having a bath in my kitchen sink) as she spots Auntie Jessica peeking at her through the opening in the refrigerator door.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Here's the picture of Adaline (having a bath in my kitchen sink) as she spots Auntie Jessica peeking at her through the opening in the refrigerator door.

Awwww

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Upcoming author visits:

Week of March 3– Denise Swanson

Dead Between the Lines  

Week of March 10 – Laura Bradford

Shunned and Dangerous  

Week of March 17 – Brad Parks

The Player  

Week of March 24 - Alyssa Maxwell 

Murder at the Breakers  

Week of  March 31 - Vicki Delaney

Gold Web  

Week of April 7 – Doris Meredith (D.R. Meredith)

Murder By the Book  

Week of April 14 - Nancy J. Cohen

Hanging By A Hair