Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

CARINA PRESS - Romantic Suspense for E-Readers

[ Edited ]

It's Week One of our Month of Romantic Suspense, and I've invited the lovely folks at CARINA PRESS to join us this week.

Carina Press is a division of Harlequin Enterprises, Ltd. Although Harlequin is best known for romance, they also publish romantic suspense. Like Harlequin, Carina is known for romance, but it doesn't stop there - not by a long shot!

This will give you an idea of what you can find at Carina:

Shop by Genre

Shop by Niche

There's a lot of talk here about the ebook revolution, and many of you have already discovered the joys of Nook and Nook Color.
NOOKcolor screen
You can order a Nook here:
You might also consider placing a bid at Brenda Novak's auction in May, where Carina Press has made a very generous donation:
A NOOK COLOR, with Cover, LOADED with E-Books from Carina Press Authors!
See Carina's complete list of books and authors here: 
Follow Carina on Twitter here: http://twitter.com/CarinaPress
Check out the Carina Press blog here: http://carinapress.com/blog/
You can also subscribe to their email newsletter here: http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/r/regf2?aid=1691018318&n=8&a=0&t=%%t%%

Without further ado, I'm rolling out the red carpet to welcome CARINA PRESS to our Month of Romantic Suspense!
(The Month of Romantic Suspense doesn't "officially" start until Feb. 1, but why wait?)

1111111.gif

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: CARINA PRESS - Romantic Suspense for E-Readers

[ Edited ]

The following are links (where available) for Carina's romantic suspense list. You can find their mystery titles here: http://ebooks.carinapress.com/8C46D2E5-FAEE-4770-B21F-40D9FF5EB540/10/134/en/SearchResults.htm?Searc...

Her Kind of Hero

Dangerous Secrets

On Sale Date: Feb 07, 2011

The Paris Secret

Fatal Justice 

Lying Eyes 

Trash Course 

Storm Warning 

Desperate Choices 

Fair Game 

Fatal Affair 

On Her Trail 

Overnight 

Sea of Suspicion 

Criminal Instinct 

In Plain View

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Welcome, Carina authors! Please introduce yourselves and tell us a little about you and your books! You can include a link to your books by clicking "Add Product" and selecting "Ebooks."

To respond, just click "reply." If you want to include the comment you're responding to, click "quote" in the green box above right.

Even though we are featuring Romantic Suspense this month, you're all welcome to join us. The more the merrier - it's a party!

welcome134.gif

(I have an urge to sign this "Mysteriously yours" or "Suspensefully yours"  - it must be Monday!)

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Carina Authors

Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

Good morning, everyone!  I am Adrienne Giordano and I am thrilled to be here this week.  Thank you to Becke for hosting us!

My debut book, MAN LAW, will be out in July and is a romantic suspense about security security consultant Vic Andrews.  Vic has no tolerance for emotional clutter and likes to work alone and abide by his man laws. His cover is blown after he is hired by the government to assassinate a terrorist and the dead man's brother seeks revenge by threatening the children of Gina Delgado, a thirty-five year-old widow and mother of three. Vic suddenly has to break all of his man laws, particularly the one about not falling in love with Gina, his closest friend's sister. 

I'm looking forward to the fun week ahead!

www.adriennegiordano.com
Man Law, coming July 4, 2011 from Carina Press
Author
JulieMoffett
0 Kudos

Hi, Everyone!

Thank you so much, Becke and everyone, for such a warm welcome! I currently have a humorous mystery series out with Carina Press containing some suspense and romantic elements. The first book is titled "No One Lives Twice" and it features geek extraordinaire, Lexi Carmichael, whose hacking skills have led her to a job at the NSA. When her best friend goes missing and Lexi sets out to find her, she stumbles onto an international intrigue involving a super sexy government agent, a handsome lawyer and a lot of people who aren't who they seem to be. Can the girl with zero social skills (but a sharp brain) save the day?  :smileyvery-happy:

The second book in the series, No One To Trust, will be out in June 2011.

Do check out all the Carina titles. I got a Kindle for Christmas and have loaded it up with some great romantic supense novels frlom Carina. You won't be disappointed!!

Warmly, Julie Moffett

No One Lives Twice (Carina Press, August 2010)

No One To Trust (Carina Press, June 2011)

Her Kilt-Clad Rogue (Carina Press, August 2011)

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Hey Julie

I bought No One Lives Twice last month and I've been meaning to read it. :smileytongue:

JulieMoffett wrote:

Yay! I love series :smileyhappy:

How many books are there going to be in the series?

No One Lives Twice  

Author
Caridad_Pineiro
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks for having us here this morning, Becke!

I'm Caridad Pineiro and I've been writing paranormal romance and romantic suspense for a number of years.

I'm very excited to be one of the new Carina Press authors.  It's truly wonderful to be part of this amazing start up and enter the digital press world along with so many other wonderful authors.

My first release for Carina is a paranormal novella, AZTEC GOLD, which is set in a Mexican jungle inhabited by a demon demi-goddess.  The premise of the story is that an archaelogist has to leave her safety zone in order to find a lover who has gone missing in the area of a temple in this part of the jungle.

My next release for Carina is in July 2011 and it is a romantic suspense titled THE FIFTH KINGDOM.  It is also set in Mexico, but it's a very different story.  In FIFTH KINGDOM, a CIA Agent is sent to investigate a terrorist group that has kidnapped the ex-wife of a famous historian.  The wife believes she has found Montezuma's tomb and the terrorists believe there is something in the tomb they can use to help them.  The heroine of the book is the daughter of the missing woman.  It's an action-packed story and I hope readers will enjoy it.

Thanks for providing us this opportunity to share our work!

Caridad Pineiro
STRONGER THAN SIN Nov 2010
AZTEC GOLD Jan 2011
Visit www.caridad.com for additional information
aztecgold.jpg
becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Caridad! 

Thanks so much for joining us! Many of you will be familiar with Caridad's books - there's even a collection of them for Nook:

Caridad Pineiro Complete Calls Collection 

You can find links to a LOT of Caridad's titles here and 20 of her ebooks here

Caridad wants to share the image for her August release, a paranormal suspense story:

THELOST.jpg
becke_davis
0 Kudos

AdrienneGiordano wrote:

Good morning, everyone!  I am Adrienne Giordano and I am thrilled to be here this week.  Thank you to Becke for hosting us!

My debut book, MAN LAW, will be out in July and is a romantic suspense about security security consultant Vic Andrews.  Vic has no tolerance for emotional clutter and likes to work alone and abide by his man laws. His cover is blown after he is hired by the government to assassinate a terrorist and the dead man's brother seeks revenge by threatening the children of Gina Delgado, a thirty-five year-old widow and mother of three. Vic suddenly has to break all of his man laws, particularly the one about not falling in love with Gina, his closest friend's sister. 

I'm looking forward to the fun week ahead!

Adrienne - I'm so excited about your upcoming debut! If you have a cover image, email it to me and I'll post the image for you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

JulieMoffett wrote:

Hi, Everyone!

Thank you so much, Becke and everyone, for such a warm welcome! I currently have a humorous mystery series out with Carina Press containing some suspense and romantic elements. The first book is titled "No One Lives Twice" and it features geek extraordinaire, Lexi Carmichael, whose hacking skills have led her to a job at the NSA. When her best friend goes missing and Lexi sets out to find her, she stumbles onto an international intrigue involving a super sexy government agent, a handsome lawyer and a lot of people who aren't who they seem to be. Can the girl with zero social skills (but a sharp brain) save the day?  :smileyvery-happy:

Do check out all the Carina titles. I got a Kindle for Christmas and have loaded it up with some great romantic supense novels frlom Carina. You won't be disappointed!!

Warmly, Julie Moffett

No One Lives Twice (Carina Press, August 2010)

No One To Trust (Carina Press, June 2011)

Her Kilt-Clad Rogue (Carina Press, August 2011)

Julie - Thanks for joining us! I know a lot of readers look for humor with their mysteries, so thanks for the heads' up!

Do you have a cover image yet? If you do, email it and I'll post it here. (Only the moderators can upload jpegs from a personal computer.) If you have a cover image for the August release, send that along, too! 

Author
Shirley_Wells
0 Kudos

Wow - just look at this for a welcome. We even get a red carpet.

Thank you for inviting us Carina Press authors to the party, Becke. It's great to be here!

I live in the UK and write British mysteries, usually classified as hard boiled detective fiction. My latest Carina Press mystery, PRESUMED DEAD, was published in July 2010 and features private investigator Dylan Scott. The second Dylan Scott mystery will be published in August 2011.

Although I don't write romantic suspense, I've downloaded several from Carina Press. I've loved every single one. 

Looking forward to chatting to everyone. Meanwhile, I'll raise a glass of champagne in true party spirit.

Presumed Dead

Shirley Wells
http://www.shirleywells.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Shirley_Wells wrote:

Wow - just look at this for a welcome. We even get a red carpet.

Thank you for inviting us Carina Press authors to the party, Becke. It's great to be here!

I live in the UK and write British mysteries, usually classified as hard boiled detective fiction. My latest Carina Press mystery, PRESUMED DEAD, was published in July 2010 and features private investigator Dylan Scott. The second Dylan Scott mystery will be published in August 2011.

Although I don't write romantic suspense, I've downloaded several from Carina Press. I've loved every single one. 

Looking forward to chatting to everyone. Meanwhile, I'll raise a glass of champagne in true party spirit.

Presumed Dead

Hi Shirley - Thanks for joining the party! I like the champagne idea - cheers!

I didn't realize you were over the pond, Shirley. My husband is a Londoner and we lived there for several years when we were first married. He still has a lot of family there - we don't get over as often as we like. What part of the UK are you in?

Author
Toni_Anderson
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for hosting a party :smileyhappy:

I write Romantic Suspense and Romantic Mystery for Carina Press. My Carina stories are set in modern-day Scotland and are both sexy and gritty.

I'm a Brit/Canadian and used to be a Marine Biologist, which probably explains the amount of water in my books and the fact someone somewhere always ends up in the drink.

I'm a huge fan of RS and mystery stories in general and Carina Press has some wonderful authors writing for them. Thanks for having us,

Toni Anderson

Sea of Suspicion

Storm Warning 

Toni Anderson
DANGEROUS WATERS (coming Nov 20, 2012)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Toni_Anderson wrote:

Thanks so much for hosting a party :smileyhappy:

I write Romantic Suspense and Romantic Mystery for Carina Press. My Carina stories are set in modern-day Scotland and are both sexy and gritty.

I'm a Brit/Canadian and used to be a Marine Biologist, which probably explains the amount of water in my books and the fact someone somewhere always ends up in the drink.

I'm a huge fan of RS and mystery stories in general and Carina Press has some wonderful authors writing for them. Thanks for having us,

Toni Anderson

Sea of Suspicion

Storm Warning 

Hi Toni! I'm intrigued - do you live in Scotland? Or in Canada? I have a good friend in Scotland (Morayshire) - I've only been to Edinburgh, but I'd love to go back and see more of the country.

Living so close to Canada, I'm ashamed to say I've only been there once, to Banff (wow - just WOW). I've been reading a mystery series by Louise Penny set near Montreal and now I'm eager to read more stories set in Canada.

Thanks for joining the party!

Author
Toni_Anderson
0 Kudos

I'm British but got my Canadian citizenship this past October so I'm getting used to saying Brit/Canadian. I'm practicing :smileyvery-happy:

When people ask me where I'm from I take a big breath (and expect people to fall asleep). Born and bred in England, with a year in the Isle of Man (for my undergrad degree). I lived in Scotland for 12 years (on the east coast in Fife mainly). And I've been on and off in Canada for 9 years (oh, and a year in Australia--the joys of being a Marine Biologist). My kids were both born in Scotland and my hubby's (Irish) parents live in Scotland so I visit regularly, but I live smack bang in the middle of Canada--Winnipeg. Banff is gorgeous.

Where are you?

Toni Anderson
DANGEROUS WATERS (coming Nov 20, 2012)

Author
JulieMoffett
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Dark Angel -

I love series, too! I enjoy seeing the growth of characters and re-visiting them. They really do become like family!

I've actually written two sets of series before.  The first was a two-book time-travel series which was originally intended to be just one book, but I got so much fan mail for a second book, I wrote it!  The other series was a planned historical/paranormal trilogy I wrote with my sister about three sisters who were descendants from the Salem witches. I wrote the first and third books in the series and she wrote the second one, So, I do have a love affair with series, even as an author!

Right now, I have the "No" series (as I'm calling it) arc set for five books.  But I could definitely do more if it keeps rolling along. I'm currently writing the third book tentatively titled, "No Place Like Rome." If you read the first two books, you'll probably figure out where I'm going with this third one!  :smileyhappy:

Hope you enjoy the story!  Do let me know!

Julie Moffett

www.juliemoffett.com

Twitter: JMoffettAuthor

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Julie-Moffett-Author

Author
JulieMoffett
0 Kudos

Becke:  I sent the cover image to your e-mail address!  Thanks so much for posting it.  I don't have the cover for the June book yet, but hopefully soon!

Julie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Toni_Anderson wrote:

I'm British but got my Canadian citizenship this past October so I'm getting used to saying Brit/Canadian. I'm practicing :smileyvery-happy:

When people ask me where I'm from I take a big breath (and expect people to fall asleep). Born and bred in England, with a year in the Isle of Man (for my undergrad degree). I lived in Scotland for 12 years (on the east coast in Fife mainly). And I've been on and off in Canada for 9 years (oh, and a year in Australia--the joys of being a Marine Biologist). My kids were both born in Scotland and my hubby's (Irish) parents live in Scotland so I visit regularly, but I live smack bang in the middle of Canada--Winnipeg. Banff is gorgeous.

Where are you?

WOW!!! I'm glad I asked! I bet your autobiography would be fascinating!

My travels weren't nearly as exotic as yours. (Isle of Man? *sigh*)

I lived in Kent (Greater London) for seven years in the 1970s/early 1980s. I grew up in Chicago and lived there most of my life. I lived in New Jersey for two years when my husband was transferred there; he worked near New York City, but we lived practically by the Delaware Water Gap. It's an expensive state! Hard to believe (for me, anyway), but I've lived in Cincinnati for almost 18 years now. Where did the time go? I feel like I have bungee cords attached to me, though, since I'm back and forth to Orlando and Chicago so often, where my kids live.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

JulieMoffett wrote:

Becke:  I sent the cover image to your e-mail address!  Thanks so much for posting it.  I don't have the cover for the June book yet, but hopefully soon!

Julie

(I'm editing Julie's post to insert her cover image - Becke)

JM_NoOneLivesTwice.jpg