Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
NJDamschroder
0 Kudos

Re: CARINA PRESS - Romantic Suspense for E-Readers

Shirley_Wells wrote:

My husband takes 60 seconds to buy a card and it's always better than mine. I'm not sure how he does that.

My husband is the funny one, but he always buys a mushy card and has great stuff written in it. I'm the romance writer, but I always buy a funny card and can never think of anything non-cliché to say. LOL

~~~~~
Natalie J. Damschroder
Author of High-Stakes Romantic Adventure and Paranormal Romance
Love with a Shot of Adrenaline
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Shirley_Wells wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

LOL!! Hmmm. My husband hasn't checked on my passport lately, either. We've been married almost 40 years - we don't do much for Valentine's Day, but over the years we've developed a 3-card routine. We usually give each other one card that is cool or pretty, one that's funny and one that has a great, romantic message. I'm the Queen of Hallmark (and Paperchase, and Papyrus - I'm addicted to cards), but my husband has a talent for finding the most romantic (and uncheesy) cards. I can never throw them out, so I've got quite a collection!

I'm glad you're enjoying the party - invite your friends and family to join us! There's always room for more!

Congrats on the almost 40 years, Becke! I love your 3-card routine. I'm addicted to cards too and can spend hours hunting down the perfect card. My husband takes 60 seconds to buy a card and it's always better than mine. I'm not sure how he does that.

I'll spread the word about the party!

Shirley

Presumed Dead 

This is so funny! My husband and I were just talking about this. He directed me to one of his favorite clips:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Shirley_Wells wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Surprisingly, we have all the shows you mentioned. Is there a new season of Foyle's War? I am addicted to that show! I'm also hooked on Inspector Lewis - I like it better than Inspector Morse!

How could I forget Foyle's War? I'm addicted too. Love it! The last series has finished over here so it could be on the way to you - hopefully.

I like Lewis but I do prefer Inspector Morse. I haven't felt the same about it since John Thaw died. 

Shirley

Presumed Dead 

It's hard to watch it, knowing he's dead. I remember John Thaw from Sweeney and, going way back, from Thick as Thieves.

I've never heard of Thick as Thieves but I was addicted to Sweeney. Until that came along, we'd had Z Cars and Softly, Softly (I enjoyed them both) so Sweeney was really exciting and different.

http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk/thickas.htm

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Shirley_Wells wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Here's a question for the Carina authors: are any of your books going to go into print eventually? 

Becke, I'm delighted to say that PRESUMED DEAD is going to print in May. I don't know details as yet, but I think another 2 Carina Press books go into print at the same time. Watch this space!

Send me the cover images when you get them, and I'll post them here!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

NJDamschroder wrote:

Shirley_Wells wrote:

My husband takes 60 seconds to buy a card and it's always better than mine. I'm not sure how he does that.

My husband is the funny one, but he always buys a mushy card and has great stuff written in it. I'm the romance writer, but I always buy a funny card and can never think of anything non-cliché to say. LOL

I can spend hours in card shops, easily. I have to have the perfect card for each person. But when it comes to writing on them, I'm totally predictable. Like you, I draw a blank when I'm writing on cards and gift tags while my husband always comes up with something memorable. A psychoanalyst could have a field day with this!

Author
Toni_Anderson
0 Kudos

We have above zero forecast for tomorrow. YAY! Even a brief respite is a HAPPY DAY!!!

I'm wondering if anyone wants to read excerpts? Here are the first chapters of...

STORM WARNING

SEA OF SUSPICION

Today I'm busy plotting murder and mayhem. I tend to figure out a sketch of the character, then the plot, then flesh out the characters to ramp up the intensity plot. Does that make sense? This is one of my favourite stages though. Creation on a grand scale rather than the intricacy of building scenes.

Hope everyone is dug out and safe.

Toni Anderson
DANGEROUS WATERS (coming Nov 20, 2012)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Toni_Anderson wrote:

We have above zero forecast for tomorrow. YAY! Even a brief respite is a HAPPY DAY!!!

I'm wondering if anyone wants to read excerpts? Here are the first chapters of...

STORM WARNING

SEA OF SUSPICION

Today I'm busy plotting murder and mayhem. I tend to figure out a sketch of the character, then the plot, then flesh out the characters to ramp up the intensity plot. Does that make sense? This is one of my favourite stages though. Creation on a grand scale rather than the intricacy of building scenes.

Yes, yes - we love excerpts! Please share links to any excerpts, book trailers - whatever you've got! Thank you!

Author
Marcelle_Dube
0 Kudos

You like excerpts? Okay -- here's an excerpt for ON HER TRAIL. And here's CHIMERE, a short story about the power of human love. And my contact info is here:

www.marcelledube.com

Twitter

Facebook

Come visit!

Marcelle Dubé
ON HER TRAIL - Carina Press
www.marcelledube.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Marcelle_Dube wrote:

You like excerpts? Okay -- here's an excerpt for ON HER TRAIL. And here's CHIMERE, a short story about the power of human love. And my contact info is here:

www.marcelledube.com

Twitter

Facebook

Come visit!

Yay - thank you!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Toni_Anderson wrote:

STORM WARNING

SEA OF SUSPICION

Thanks for the excerpts Toni. Enjoy your plotting and planning today

I finally made it to work.

My contacts at Harlequin just pointed out a new site for Office for the preservation of the kiss, it's a fun site where you can create your own kiss explore and vote on others.

here's my kiss http://www.patentyourkiss.com/Kisses/ooh-laa-laa.aspx

and here's the link to the whole site - http://www.patentyourkiss.com/Default.aspx

Have a great evening everyone

Author
Elise11
0 Kudos

Foyle's War - love Foyle's war. Inspector Lewis is on PBS tonight. Thursday in NYC and I dream about Inspector Morse .

Author
Marcelle_Dube
0 Kudos

That does it. I'm going to have to check out Foyle's War. Is Inspector Lewis a show? I hadn't heard of it.

Marcelle Dubé
www.marcelledube.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Elise11 wrote:

Foyle's War - love Foyle's war. Inspector Lewis is on PBS tonight. Thursday in NYC and I dream about Inspector Morse .

*gasp* Inspector Lewis is on tonight? I didn't know that - thanks so much!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspector Lewis - Series 2 

Marcelle_Dube wrote:

That does it. I'm going to have to check out Foyle's War. Is Inspector Lewis a show? I hadn't heard of it.

Both are so, so good! You can get them on Netflix but, of course, you can also get them here:

Inspector Lewis - Series 1

Author
Marcelle_Dube
0 Kudos

Thank you, Becke!

Marcelle Dubé
www.marcelledube.com
Author
Carol_Stephenson
0 Kudos

I have my eye on a cap with images of 3-4 flak jackets with 'police' on them and then the last jacket has 'writer'.  I have a trip coming up & I think I need a new hat. :smileyhappy:

Carol Stephenson

COURTING DISASTER (Carina Press, 4/11)

COURTING DEATH (Carina Press, 5/11)

www.carolstephenson.com

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Carol_Stephenson wrote:

I have my eye on a cap with images of 3-4 flak jackets with 'police' on them and then the last jacket has 'writer'.  I have a trip coming up & I think I need a new hat. :smileyhappy:

Carol Stephenson

COURTING DISASTER (Carina Press, 4/11)

COURTING DEATH (Carina Press, 5/11)

www.carolstephenson.com

I like it, Carol!!

Author
Toni_Anderson
0 Kudos

I have a navy blue T-shirt with WRITER on the back from the WRITERS" POLICE ACADEMY. What a blast that was.

Thanks for having us here. I love romantic suspense and mysteries and I love my fellow Carina Press authors!!

Toni

Toni Anderson
DANGEROUS WATERS (coming Nov 20, 2012)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Toni_Anderson wrote:

I have a navy blue T-shirt with WRITER on the back from the WRITERS" POLICE ACADEMY. What a blast that was.

Thanks for having us here. I love romantic suspense and mysteries and I love my fellow Carina Press authors!!

Toni

I'm so jealous of your t-shirt! How cool is that?

My favorite source of writer-ly goodies is Zazzle: http://www.zazzle.com/writer+gifts

Frequent Contributor
Mysterylover1138
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

I hope everyone who was hit by the storm has been able to dig themselves out, I know here in Upstate New York we didn't get as much snow as the rest of you, but hey...it's still snowing here :smileyhappy: Thank you Lake Ontario.

I have been reading this section of the mystery book club since the day Becke posted it and I love all of the fun conversation that is going on between everyone.  Thank you guys for giving me some fun things to look at especially the Kevin James clip (absolutely love him)

I hope everyone is staying warm, or staying cool depending on where you are at in the country.  Thanks for joining us :smileyhappy:

Leigh