Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: CARINA PRESS - Romantic Suspense for E-Readers

To our readers: Have you signed up for Carina's email newsletter? I just received mine, and there is news of a big Valentine's sale:

http://ebooks.carinapress.com/8C46D2E5-FAEE-4770-B21F-40D9FF5EB540/10/134/en/Valentine

Valentine's Day Sale--save 15% on featured contemporary romance titles!

Author
JulieMoffett
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

To our readers: Have you signed up for Carina's email newsletter? I just received mine, and there is news of a big Valentine's sale:

http://ebooks.carinapress.com/8C46D2E5-FAEE-4770-B21F-40D9FF5EB540/10/134/en/Valentine

Valentine's Day Sale--save 15% on featured contemporary romance titles!

I agree! The Carina newsletter is really great!  I highly recommend it.  BTW, thank you so much for hosting us here, Becke. Sorry I was MIA for the last part of it. Final edits for my June book were due, I caught a terrible head cold and my teen and preschooler weren't feeling well. Got overwhelmed a bit.  But I much appreciate all your efforts and LOVE the readers!!!  Thanks to all for your support!!  Oh, and today is FREE E-BOOK Wednesday. Up today is Ella Drake's sci-fi, futuristic romance, Silver Bound.

Julie Moffett  :smileyhappy:

No One Lives Twice (Carina Press/August 2010)

No One To Trust (Carina Press/June 2011)

Her Kilt-Clad Rogue (Carina Press/August 2011)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Julie - thanks so much for the update! I want to stress that you are all welcome to come back here and post updates ANY TIME. This is your thread now!

Wow, it sounds like you had a really rough week! I've been tossing out thank you bouquets to all of you who visited, but I think this calls for chocolate!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
JulieMoffett
0 Kudos

Ah, thanks for the chocolate and the sweet kitty cat, Becke!!  Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!!  oxoxxo

Julie Moffett :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Just finished Fatal Affair by Marie Force...edge of your seat...and I sure didn't know "who did it" until the very end!  My kind of book.  Way to go Marie!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Riveting Romantic Suspense! Page-turners that will have you yearning for more...Carina Press

Here are some excerpts from the latest Carina Press newsletter:

Edge-of-Your-Seat Stories!

Dear Becke,

I remember an amusement park once advertising, "We'll sell you the whole seat…but you'll only need the edge!" Corny, but it gets the message across. And it makes me think of our romantic suspense stories—just as exciting as a roller-coaster ride, and a guarantee of a happy ending to boot! Download our riveting romantic suspense ebooks now.

—Angela James
Executive Editor, Carina Press

P.S. We're giving away a FREE ebook every Wednesday this month! Find out more.

Featured Book

Dangerous Secrets 

Dangerous Secrets by Katie Reus

Now that Isabelle Ballantine is finally out from under her father's shadow, she won't let anyone stand in the way of her independence. It's tough living on her own, working in a bar and keeping her true identity a secret, but things start to look up when a sexy new stranger walks into her life…

To cinch the deal of a lifetime, Adam Marcellus agrees to help Izzy's eccentric father convince his daughter to move home. He'd assumed Izzy would be another spoiled rich princess, but he's surprised to discover his feelings for her are stronger than anything he's ever experienced…

Find more Riveting Romantic Suspense stories!

Author
NJDamschroder
0 Kudos

Fight or Flight  is now here at B&N for preorder!

Come join me and MJ Fredrick this month for The Month of the Hero. We'll be blogging about how heroic traits manifest in many of our favorite fictional heroes, like Angel and John McClain (two of this week's examples). There will be weekly prize drawings from the comments!

I'm also thrilled to announce that my next romantic adventure/suspense, Behind the Scenes, has been contracted by Carina Press for a release date TBD.

~~~~~
Natalie J. Damschroder
Author of High-Stakes Romantic Adventure and Paranormal Romance
Love with a Shot of Adrenaline
becke_davis
0 Kudos

NJDamschroder wrote:

Fight or Flight  is now here at B&N for preorder!

Come join me and MJ Fredrick this month for The Month of the Hero. We'll be blogging about how heroic traits manifest in many of our favorite fictional heroes, like Angel and John McClain (two of this week's examples). There will be weekly prize drawings from the comments!

I'm also thrilled to announce that my next romantic adventure/suspense, Behind the Scenes, has been contracted by Carina Press for a release date TBD.

Congratulations on your new sale!! Be sure to come back and let us know when it's available!

Author
NJDamschroder
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
Congratulations on your new sale!! Be sure to come back and let us know when it's available!

Thanks, Becke, I will!

~~~~~
Natalie J. Damschroder
Author of High-Stakes Romantic Adventure and Paranormal Romance
Love with a Shot of Adrenaline
Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello to our gracious and lovely host, Becke. :smileyhappy:

In May my debut novel, ENDLESS NIGHT, will be released from Carina Press. I am a fan of so many Carina Press authors and it is an honor to join such an elite and talented group.

I look forward to hearing from all readers and welcome questions, but for now let me share some information on ENDLESS NIGHT.

A woman hiding from her identity. A man trying to find his.

After witnessing a murder, Megan Summers ran until she reached the remote coastal village of Victory Cove. She has a new name, but she knows it’ s only a matter of time before the

murderer catches up with her.

Jake Grogan has come to town to unravel the mystery of his heritage. Instead of finding his grandmother at Wakefield House, he discovers an attractive stranger who will do anything to get him off her doorstep. Trapped by a storm, he’ s forced to stay the night with Megan—a woman who keeps a handgun under her bed and closes herself off from the outside world.

Jake tries to dig deeper into his past, but he’ s distracted by his fear for Megan’ s safety and his growing feelings for her. Danger is drawing near and he’ ll do anything to keep her safe.

Will it be enough to help them survive the endless night?

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

MaureenMiller wrote:

Hello to our gracious and lovely host, Becke. :smileyhappy:

In May my debut novel, ENDLESS NIGHT, will be released from Carina Press. I am a fan of so many Carina Press authors and it is an honor to join such an elite and talented group.

I look forward to hearing from all readers and welcome questions, but for now let me share some information on ENDLESS NIGHT.

A woman hiding from her identity. A man trying to find his.

After witnessing a murder, Megan Summers ran until she reached the remote coastal village of Victory Cove. She has a new name, but she knows it’ s only a matter of time before the

murderer catches up with her.

Jake Grogan has come to town to unravel the mystery of his heritage. Instead of finding his grandmother at Wakefield House, he discovers an attractive stranger who will do anything to get him off her doorstep. Trapped by a storm, he’ s forced to stay the night with Megan—a woman who keeps a handgun under her bed and closes herself off from the outside world.

Jake tries to dig deeper into his past, but he’ s distracted by his fear for Megan’ s safety and his growing feelings for her. Danger is drawing near and he’ ll do anything to keep her safe.

Will it be enough to help them survive the endless night?

Hi Maureen! I'm in Santa Fe for the Left Coast Crime conference (it's GORGEOUS here!). I wish we could post pre-order links for ebooks, but for now the links only come up once the ebooks are officially released. I may forget, so come back in May and share the link so people can download ENDLESS NIGHT. Thanks!

Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

Have a wonderful time out there, Becke.  And I will definitely return to provide additional sales link information for ENDLESS NIGHT on May 16th. :smileyvery-happy:

www.maureenamiller.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Carina Press

What's in a Niche?

Snowball in Hell by Josh Lanyon

Our books don't always slot nicely into one particular niche…and that's just fine with us! Look at Josh Lanyon's newest title, Snowball in Hell—it's a male/male, mystery, historical romance. Or the brand-new Alchemy of Desire,a steampunk, western, shifter romance. No matter what kind of fiction you love, we've got something for you! 

Snowball in Hell 

Shop our wide variety of editorial now!

—Angela James
Executive Editor, Carina Press 

Los Angeles, 1943

Reporter Nathan Doyle had his reasons to want Phil Arlen dead, but when he sees the man's body pulled from the La Brea tar pit, he knows he'll be the prime suspect. So he sets out to crack the case himself.

Lieutenant Matthew Spain's official inquiries soon lead him to believe that Nathan knows more than he's saying. But that's not the only reason Matt takes notice of the handsome journalist. Matt's been drawn to men before, but he must hide his true feelings—or risk his entire career.

As Nathan digs deeper, it becomes increasingly difficult to stay one step ahead of Matt Spain—and to deny his intense attraction to him…

Featured Author

Zoë Archer

Zoë Archer is an award-winning romance author who loves adventure—both on Earth and amongst the stars. As a child, she never dreamed about being the rescued princess, but wanted to kick butt right beside the hero. She now applies her master's degrees in literature and fiction to creating butt-kicking heroines and daring heroes. Her Blades of the Rose series—featuring dashing men and fearless women—is available now. Zoë and her husband live in Los Angeles.

Collision Course 

Mara Skiren is a scavenger, a black-market dealer. Blackmailed into helping Commander Kell Frayne infiltrate a treacherous corner of the galaxy, Mara learns that her biggest danger is from her sexy, by-the-book partner. She's a loner with more than a few battle scars on her heart, but something about Commander Frayne stirs up her long-buried need for an intimate connection.

An ace pilot for the elite Black Wraith Squadron, Kell's mission is to rescue a lost pilot and ship. Unable to deny his attraction to the beautiful, rebellious Mara, he decides bedding her would cool his ardor. But one taste is not nearly enough…

Spotlight on Romantic Suspense

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Courting-Disaster/Carol-Stephenson/e/9781426891373/?itm=1&USRI=cour...

A year ago, criminal defense attorney Carling Dent woke up in a conference room with a bullet wound, a murdered client and no memory of what happened. Since then, she's grown reckless. She's gained a reputation for representing defendants no one else will, and her own partners are beginning to question her conduct.

Then a car accident triggers flashbacks, and Carling is driven by the need to find out what really happened that day. Her investigation begins to uncover a twisted web of secrets someone doesn't want exposed. The threats against Carling escalate, and she turns to the one person she wants to trust—her former lover, prosecutor Jared Manning. The passion between them is as hot as ever, but when more memories start trickling back, Carling starts to wonder just whose side the man she loves is on…

Our Blog

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming

"I'm so absolutely, unbelievably, freakin' bouncing-off-the-walls pleased to announce that Shannon S...Exclusively YoursUndeniably Yours andYours to Keep will be appearing in mass market print via the Harlequin HQN imprint in January, February and March 2012 respectively."

As I said in my blog post, we're all excited about all the hard work that has brought us to this point. But most of all, we want to thank you, the readers, for supporting Carina Press and for showing such enthusiasm for Shannon Stacey's books.

—Angela James

Author
JanniNell
0 Kudos

I'm sorry I didn't reply to this earlier. I couldn't find my post and thought there must've been some kind of glich. I'm not very computer savvy. Lovely to know that one of your regulars read my first book. You've probably seen on the Carina blog that one of their authors is having a trilogy published through HQN. Such thrilling news and very well deserved.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

JanniNell wrote:

I'm sorry I didn't reply to this earlier. I couldn't find my post and thought there must've been some kind of glich. I'm not very computer savvy. Lovely to know that one of your regulars read my first book. You've probably seen on the Carina blog that one of their authors is having a trilogy published through HQN. Such thrilling news and very well deserved.

Hi Janni - If anyone else is having trouble finding this thread, tell them to type "Carina Press" into the white search box at the upper right.

Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

Good morning everyone! It is a wonderful day for the release of some romance and suspense from Carina Press. Please try some samples!

ENDLESS NIGHT by Maureen A. Miller

A woman hiding from her identity. A man trying to find his.

After witnessing a murder, Megan Summers ran until she reached the remote coastal village of Victory Cove. She has a new name, but she knows it’ s only a matter of time before the murderer catches up with her.

Jake tries to dig deeper into his past, but he’ s distracted by his fear for Megan’ s safety and his growing feelings for her. Danger is drawing near and he’ ll do anything to keep her safe. Will it be enough to help them survive the endless night?

SHOELESS KID by Marcelle Dube

Kate Williams figures her new job as a small-town police chief will be a welcome change of pace. She's unprepared for the deep internal rivalries that are tearing the department apart. Then there's the case of a maybe-kidnapped six-year-old. She's tempted to write off the homeless man who walks into her police station with nothing more than a crazy story and a kid's high-top sneaker, but then a child actually does go missing.

It turns out his name is Josh Hollister and no one has seen him. Now Kate must investigate his disappearanceandtransform a station full of resentful police officers into a strong, cohesive unit. When Josh's mother disappears, too, Kate is determined to find a way to work with her team. Will they put the pieces of the puzzle together in time to save Josh?

www.maureenamiller.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

MaureenMiller wrote:

Good morning everyone! It is a wonderful day for the release of some romance and suspense from Carina Press. Please try some samples!

ENDLESS NIGHT by Maureen A. Miller

A woman hiding from her identity. A man trying to find his.

After witnessing a murder, Megan Summers ran until she reached the remote coastal village of Victory Cove. She has a new name, but she knows it’ s only a matter of time before the murderer catches up with her.

Jake tries to dig deeper into his past, but he’ s distracted by his fear for Megan’ s safety and his growing feelings for her. Danger is drawing near and he’ ll do anything to keep her safe. Will it be enough to help them survive the endless night?

SHOELESS KID by Marcelle Dube

Kate Williams figures her new job as a small-town police chief will be a welcome change of pace. She's unprepared for the deep internal rivalries that are tearing the department apart. Then there's the case of a maybe-kidnapped six-year-old. She's tempted to write off the homeless man who walks into her police station with nothing more than a crazy story and a kid's high-top sneaker, but then a child actually does go missing.

It turns out his name is Josh Hollister and no one has seen him. Now Kate must investigate his disappearanceandtransform a station full of resentful police officers into a strong, cohesive unit. When Josh's mother disappears, too, Kate is determined to find a way to work with her team. Will they put the pieces of the puzzle together in time to save Josh?

Endless Night 

Borrowed Time 

Widow's Tale 

Rogue Wave     

Hi Maureen - Thanks for the update! I found these books on Nook, too. Are they all yours?

Remind the other Carina authors they're always welcome to come back and talk about their new releases here!

Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

Hello Becke,

Yes, those are my books. They are old, but we all start somewhere. :smileyhappy:

I will happily remind our Carina romantic suspense authors to showcase their releases here, and I welcome any feedback from readers.  Please stop by Carina Press tomorrow to learn more about my romantic suspense origins!

Thank you,

Maureen

www.maureenamiller.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

MaureenMiller wrote:

Hello Becke,

Yes, those are my books. They are old, but we all start somewhere. :smileyhappy:

I will happily remind our Carina romantic suspense authors to showcase their releases here, and I welcome any feedback from readers.  Please stop by Carina Press tomorrow to learn more about my romantic suspense origins!

Thank you,

Maureen

Sounds like fun!