Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: CARLA NEGGERS - Agatha Christie by the Woodstove

Carla-Neggers wrote:

Thanks for all the great comments! I'm just in from a hike and a glass of wine at the lovely Park Hotel in Kenmare. I'm working on a fun new book. I'll be talking more about it soon. I'm really excited about COLD DAWN. I loved writing this book -- it just came out in a 'whoosh,' perhaps because it's the third in the series and had a lot of 'simmer' time. I'd love to know more about how Agatha Christie worked!

MOUSETRAP...definitely one of my favorites! And I love the atmosphere of MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS. Clearly two of Christie's most popular books, too.

Rebecca, I think it's in FINDING YOU that I describe kids rolling pumpkins down the hills -- that really happens in Vermont! LOL. ;-)

Thanks again!

I just looked up Kenmare - even the MAP looks idyllic!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

The play "The Mousetrap" opened the year I was born, so it's been running a REALLY long time. When I lived in London, we always took our U.S. visitors to see it, so I've seen it more times than I can count. Here in Cincinnati, our Playhouse in the Park regularly puts on Christie plays, and I try to go to all of them. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

What a wonderful nostalgic article Ms. Neggers, thank you!:smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
RebeccaRingler
0 Kudos

I agree, Becke - Makes it all the more fun to meet in person when we have already met online.  I am still waiting for the right opportunity to meet Carla in person.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

RebeccaRingler wrote:

I agree, Becke - Makes it all the more fun to meet in person when we have already met online.  I am still waiting for the right opportunity to meet Carla in person.

Maybe RWA National in New York next summer?

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi, Carla, I've probably missed you, but I still wanted to respond, just in case!

I find that the good thing about not remembering all of Christie's solutions is that I get to enjoy those stories all the more when I reread them!

I've been to Quechee Gorge, and it was beautiful.  The big antiques emporium is worth a look, too!

The mention of Quechee Gorge also coincidentally ties in with something I am very excited about at the moment.  I have an online friend who lives in that neck of the woods.  Peggy is also an author and has published a book of poetry and two books on Lladro porcelain, of which I am a collector (we met on a Lladro discussion board).  I have contributed photos of some of my pieces to both books, and just received my autographed copy of her second one yesterday!  She only used three of my photos in the last one, but I found eighteen in this one!  I feel famous!

Enjoy your time in Ireland!  I was there on a European trip when I was 12, and it was magical!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Hi, Carla, I've probably missed you, but I still wanted to respond, just in case!

I find that the good thing about not remembering all of Christie's solutions is that I get to enjoy those stories all the more when I reread them!

I've been to Quechee Gorge, and it was beautiful.  The big antiques emporium is worth a look, too!

The mention of Quechee Gorge also coincidentally ties in with something I am very excited about at the moment.  I have an online friend who lives in that neck of the woods.  Peggy is also an author and has published a book of poetry and two books on Lladro porcelain, of which I am a collector (we met on a Lladro discussion board).  I have contributed photos of some of my pieces to both books, and just received my autographed copy of her second one yesterday!  She only used three of my photos in the last one, but I found eighteen in this one!  I feel famous!

Enjoy your time in Ireland!  I was there on a European trip when I was 12, and it was magical!

Dulcinea - that is so cool! Be sure to post the link to that book when it comes out!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Carla - thank you so much for your wonderful blog, and for visiting with us today. Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

Dulcinea - that is so cool! Be sure to post the link to that book when it comes out!

I will!  Hopefully, it will be available on B&N.  I think this is a smaller publishing house than her last book.  In this one, she also discussed Lladro's Nao line and other defunct lines of theirs; they had been unwilling to give her permission for years, so when they did, it was exciting.  I collect both Lladro and Nao.

B&N did offer her earlier book, but it is now out of print.  My photos are in the second edition.

Collecting Lladro .

I confess that I have not read her poetry, but I believe that is currently in print. 

From These Earthly Parts  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

pen21
0 Kudos

Carla,

Sorry to be late. I am still catching up on all that is here from this week.

Great story about your Christmas gift and where you read them one after the other.

I feel the same about Christie's books. I could read them again and again, also one after the other. They are always a fresh, exciting read for me.

Luanne

Author
Carla-Neggers
0 Kudos

I've enjoyed all the comments and look forward to reading the other blogs on Agatha Christie! I head home from Kenmare on Monday. It's been great. :-)

Take care,

Carla

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Carla-Neggers wrote:

I've enjoyed all the comments and look forward to reading the other blogs on Agatha Christie! I head home from Kenmare on Monday. It's been great. :-)

Take care,

Carla

Carla - I really appreciate you taking the time out of your travels to join us here. Have a safe trip - I'll looking forward to reading about your Irish adventures in your next book! (Or the one after next?)