Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Re: COZY AUTHORS - INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE!

beekayBK wrote:

Belinda Lawrence and Hazel Whitby, two amateur sleuths, star in my cozy mystery series. Capable of Murder, The Embroidered Corpse, Bloody Ham and A Canterbury Crime.

Hello. I'm very pleased to have this opportunity to introduce myself and also Belinda & Hazel. If you enjoy a cozy mystery with an English or exotic background, please take a look at the book extracts on B&N and read the reviews. All books are available as paperback and Nook.

Also, I'd be happy to answer any questions about the books on my Web Site Guest Book where you can read more about Belinda's adventures and watch some book trailers.

http://beekayvic.tripod.com

Cheers and happy reading to all.:smileywink:

Brian Kavanagh

A Canterbury Crime 

Bloody Ham 

The Embroidered Corpse 

Capable of Murder     

Welcome Brian:

I just ordered a copy of CAPABLE OF MURDER. I like to start at the beginning of a series. Thanks for visiting with us!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Leann_SweeneyLS wrote:

Hi everyone,

My name is Leann Sweeney and I write two cozy series: Cats in Trouble Mysteries (3 books so far) and the Yellow Rose Mysteries. My third cat book made the NY Times Bestseller list and the feedback from readers has been wonderful!

Leann

The Cat, the Lady and the Liar (Cats in Trouble Series #3)  

Welcome Leann:

I just ordered PICK YOUR POISON from your Yellow Rose series. I decided to read this series first and then move onto your Cats in Trouble Series.

I have three cats myself and my daughter just graduated from University of Penn Vet School. She saves the animals and I get to take care of them!

Thanks for visiting with us!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

G_M_Malliet wrote:

Hello, I'm G.M. Malliet and I'm the author of the following traditional-style British mysteries. Wicked Autumn is the first in a new series (September 2011). It features a former MI5 agent turned Anglican vicar of a small village on the South West coast of England.

The other 3 are DCI St. Just mysteries.

Wicked Autumn 

Death at the Alma Mater 

Death of a Cozy Writer 

Death and the Lit Chick    

Advance praise for WICKED AUTUMN:

"A superb novel! Filled with humor and insight, G.M. Malliet creates a fabulous setting in Nether Monkslip and a great series hero in Father Max Tudor. Rarely have I read descriptions that have left me gasping, in both their hilarity and their painful truth. A wonderful read."
~~ Louise Penny, Agatha award–winning author of the Armand Gamache mysteries

"One of the most delightful English village mysteries I’ve read since Agatha Christie stopped writing about Saint Mary Mead. G.M. Malliet’s sly allusions to both Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot will make Christie fans chuckle, but Nether Monkslip is no village that time forgot—not with its new age citizenry and a vicar who’s a dishy ex-MI5. Highly recommended."
~~ Margaret Maron, Edgar, Anthony, Agatha winner, and author of CHRISTMAS MOURNING

"A contemporary and deliciously wicked homage to Agatha Christie's village mysteries, with an equally delicious hero who is infinitely sexier than Miss Marple. Once readers meet handsome, intelligent, witty MI5 spy-turned-Anglican priest Max Tudor, they'll be searching their maps for the village of Nether Monkslip!" ~~ Deborah Crombie, New York Times bestselling author of NECESSARY AS BLOOD

"Hugely funny, exquisitely well written, Wicked Autumn is a tongue-in-cheek village mystery to be savored. G.M. Malliet's arch tone and wry humor make her a writer to be treasured."
~~
Julia Spencer-Fleming, bestselling author of ONE WAS A SOLDIER

"G. M. Malliet has brought the village cozy into the 21st century—where else could the Vicar be retired from MI5? Written with dry humor and a wickedly accurate portrait of the modern English village, WICKED AUTUMN is a refreshing and fun read for everyone who loves a really good murder."
~~ Charles Todd, NY Times Best-selling author of the Inspector Ian Rutledge Series

Welcome G.M:

I  am ordering a copy of DEATH OF A COZY WRITER. This series looks very interesting to me. I like to start at the beginning!

I will be pre-ordering WICKED AUTUMN since I love English village cozies such as Louise Penny's series and Midsomer Murders. 

Hope you enjoy your visit with us!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

dorothy_mcfalls wrote:

Hi Becke and everyone else!

I was here last month with my release of Flowerbed of State. In case anyone miss that, I thought I should drop in and say hello during the cozy-ish month of June. (What a fun idea!)

I write the White House Gardener Mystery series. Book 1 (Flowerbed of State) came out last month. The next book in the series (The Scarlet Pepper) comes out May 2012.

Casey Calhoun, White House assistant gardener, has a knack for digging up plots that have nothing to do with flowers and everything to do with murder.

Flowerbed of State  

I also have a short mystery available on Nook.

Birds in Paradise  

Young prostitutes are disappearing from the streets of Honolulu. When street-savvy P.I., Kyra Grainger, is hired to find the latest missing girl, she straps on a pair of high heels, pulls on a skirt no wider than a headband, and delves into the back streets and shadowy world hidden behind the glitz of Hawaii. What she finds is a web of lies and deceptions that threatens to destroy the paradise she's grown to love.

I have a conference this weekend, so I'll probably be out of touch for a while, but I look forward to talking about and celebrating my love of the cozy mystery genre this month. There's a wealth of great reads out there wearing the cozy badge. I seem to discover new "favorite" authors nearly every day.

Welcome Dorothy:

I have FLOWERBED OF STATE on order and hope to read it soon. Can't wait to find out what Casey Calhoun, White House assistant gardener, is finding in her garden plots!

Thanks for visiting with us!

Author
dorothy_mcfalls
0 Kudos

One day I hope to make it to Lori Foster's Read Author Get Together. I'm in Atlanta for David Freeman's Beyond Structure Writing workshop. It starts today and is supposed to be pretty intense. I can't wait to see what new writing tips and techniques I'm going to learn.

White House Gardener Mysteries
Flowerbed of State May 2011
The Scarlet Pepper April 2012
Oak and Dagger April 2013
Author
dorothy_mcfalls
0 Kudos

Thanks Eadie! You'll have to let me know what you thought of Flowerbed of State once you get done reading it.

I'm working on the finishing touches of the second book right now.

White House Gardener Mysteries
Flowerbed of State May 2011
The Scarlet Pepper April 2012
Oak and Dagger April 2013
Author
beekayBK
0 Kudos

Eadie, many thanks. Hope you enjoy Capable of Murder. Always good to hear back from readers. I'm about 10,000 words into the fifth book of the series as Belinda and Hazel go Down Under to Belinda's home town, Melbourne. My home town as well! :smileywink:

Cheers,

Brian

Author
G_M_Malliet
0 Kudos

Thank you to all who've made the nice comments and/or are trying out my books for the first time. I couldn't figure out how to respond to you separately, so please accept this blanket THANK YOU - which I trust you will see somehow! It is wonderful to hear from readers.

G.M. Malliet

http://GMMalliet.com

G.M. Malliet
http://GMMalliet.com
Author, Death of a Cozy Writer - Agatha Award winner. Chosen by Kirkus Reviews as one of the Best Books of 2008.
New series begins Sept. 2011 with WICKED AUTUMN (Minotaur Books).
Author
AveryAames
0 Kudos

Hi, Becke. Thanks for having me back on your book club site. It's a joy to be here.  I'm Avery Aames. I write A Cheese Shop Mystery series. The first in the series, THE LONG QUICHE GOODBYE, won the Agatha award for best first novel.  The second, LOST AND FONDUE, just came out in May.  

The nationally bestselling series is set in idyllic Holmes County, Ohio, and features Charlotte Bessette, a feisty cheese shop owner with a colorful extended family.

I look forward to meeting the book club members.

Say cheese!

~Avery

Lost and Fondue (Cheese Shop Mystery Series #2)  

The Long Quiche Goodbye (Cheese Shop Mystery Series #1)  

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

I have a cozy series:  The Sedona O'Hala Mysteries.  The first is:

Executive Lunch    The print copy *should* be showing as available, but I can't find it. 

The second is Executive Retention and the third is Executive Sick Days.

Sedona is given the opportunity of a lifetime: play an up-and-coming executive with all the trappings of wealth with someone else footing the bill. The catch: find out who is stealing company funds before the criminals find out that their program is being debugged.

Sedona runs into danger, the corporate glass ceiling, and an occasional chance at romance in her quest to figure out who is stealing money from Strandfrost. Unfortunately, Sedona is better at writing computer code than deciphering political vitriol, and if she doesn’t find a way to wade through the red tape and red herrings, she could lose both her job and her quarry!

Thanks Becke!!!

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dorothy_mcfalls wrote:

One day I hope to make it to Lori Foster's Read Author Get Together. I'm in Atlanta for David Freeman's Beyond Structure Writing workshop. It starts today and is supposed to be pretty intense. I can't wait to see what new writing tips and techniques I'm going to learn.

Dorothy - Word is starting to spread about this fabulous conference. This year there were 400 attendees, more than ever before. The conference is put together by authors Lori Foster and Dianne Castell, and Barnes & Noble's Linda Keller (she managed the West Chester, OH B&N for years, and has been recognized by RWA).

Dianne has been writing romance for years, but now she's working on a new cozy Consignment Shop mystery series for Berkley under the pen name Duffy Brown. I'm sure we're going to see a lot more mystery authors in attendance now! I wouldn't miss this event - I hope you join us one of these days!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

It's so much fun to see you all here! This is an open invitation to all cozy and cozy(ish) authors - tell us about yourself and your books, and post links to your books and/or ebooks by clicking "Add Product" in the comment field.

Stay tuned for our big feature of cozy(ish) authors under the Penguin publishing umbrella, including those who write for Berkley Prime Crime, NAL and Signet. That feature will run from June 20 through July 1st.

Author
LoisWinston
0 Kudos

Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun  

Hi Becke and Everyone! How cool that Becke started a thread just for us cozy and cozyish writers!

I'm Lois Winston, and I write the Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mysteries for Midnight Ink. The first book in the series, ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY GLUE GUN, was a January release and received starred reviews from both Publishers Weekly and Booklist. Kirkus Reviews called it, "North Jersey's more mature answer to Stephanie Plum." I'm thinking of having that inscribed on my tombstone! :smileyhappy:

The second book in the series, DEATH BY KILLER MOP DOLL, will be available this coming January. I'm currently working on the third book in the series, tentatively called REVENGE OF THE CRAFTY CORPSE.

Anastasia is the crafts editor at a monthly women's magazine. She and her fellow editors run a blog, Killer Crafts & Crafty Killers, that you can find at http://www.anastasiapollack.blogspot.com. Throughout the week they feature all the sorts of things you'd generally find in a women's magazine, plus on Fridays they host guest authors, mostly mystery, and many of whom give away copies of their books. So I hope you'll stop by.

I'd also like to tell about a great deal from my publisher. Midnight Ink is offering a super summer ebook event. For the month of June you can get a copy of JUNE BUG, the second book in Jess Lourey's Murder By Month mystery series, as a free download. In addition, Midnight Ink is also offering three other books, all the first in their series, available for 99 cents - $1.99. Find out more at: http://midnightinkbooks.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-ebook-promotions-free-ebook.html

Lois Winston
http://www.loiswinston.com
http://www.anastasiapollack.blogspot.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

LoisWinston wrote:

Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun  

Hi Becke and Everyone! How cool that Becke started a thread just for us cozy and cozyish writers!

I'm Lois Winston, and I write the Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mysteries for Midnight Ink. The first book in the series, ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY GLUE GUN, was a January release and received starred reviews from both Publishers Weekly and Booklist. Kirkus Reviews called it, "North Jersey's more mature answer to Stephanie Plum." I'm thinking of having that inscribed on my tombstone! :smileyhappy:

The second book in the series, DEATH BY KILLER MOP DOLL, will be available this coming January. I'm currently working on the third book in the series, tentatively called REVENGE OF THE CRAFTY CORPSE.

Anastasia is the crafts editor at a monthly women's magazine. She and her fellow editors run a blog, Killer Crafts & Crafty Killers, that you can find at http://www.anastasiapollack.blogspot.com. Throughout the week they feature all the sorts of things you'd generally find in a women's magazine, plus on Fridays they host guest authors, mostly mystery, and many of whom give away copies of their books. So I hope you'll stop by.

I'd also like to tell about a great deal from my publisher. Midnight Ink is offering a super summer ebook event. For the month of June you can get a copy of JUNE BUG, the second book in Jess Lourey's Murder By Month mystery series, as a free download. In addition, Midnight Ink is also offering three other books, all the first in their series, available for 99 cents - $1.99. Find out more at: http://midnightinkbooks.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-ebook-promotions-free-ebook.html

Lois - Thanks for the news about the free download! And don't forget you can search for ebooks right here, too!

Author
JoelleCharbonneau
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  I want to thank Becke for hosting Cozy party month.

I'm Joelle Charbonneau.  I write the Rebecca Robbins mystery series.  The series features a roller rink, a socially frisky grandfather, a very handsome large animal vet and an ex-circus camel.  Book one, SKATING AROUND THE LAW, came out last September.  SKATING OVER THE LINE will hit shelves on Sept. 27th. 

I'll also have a new series coming out next year which features a glee-like show choir and their plucky (and kind of nosy) coach.  The first book in that series will be MURDER FOR CHOIR and will be published by Berkley in 2012.  Since I'm also a voice teacher and a music theater performer I am kind of excited by it!

Skating Around the Law        Skating Over the Line  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

JoelleCharbonneau wrote:

Hi everyone!  I want to thank Becke for hosting Cozy party month.

I'm Joelle Charbonneau.  I write the Rebecca Robbins mystery series.  The series features a roller rink, a socially frisky grandfather, a very handsome large animal vet and an ex-circus camel.  Book one, SKATING AROUND THE LAW, came out last September.  SKATING OVER THE LINE will hit shelves on Sept. 27th. 

I'll also have a new series coming out next year which features a glee-like show choir and their plucky (and kind of nosy) coach.  The first book in that series will be MURDER FOR CHOIR and will be published by Berkley in 2012.  Since I'm also a voice teacher and a music theater performer I am kind of excited by it!

Skating Around the Law        Skating Over the Line  

Joelle was a guest here during HER debut last year:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/Please-Welcome-Debut-Author-JOELLE-CHARBONNEAU/m-p/67...

Your new book comes out in September, doesn't it, Joelle?

Author
JoelleCharbonneau
0 Kudos

Hi Becke-

Yes - the new Rebecca Robbins mystery comes out Sept. 27th.  It's funny how that seemed so far in the future just mere weeks ago:smileyhappy:  Already the summer is going by too fast.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

JoelleCharbonneau wrote:

Hi Becke-

Yes - the new Rebecca Robbins mystery comes out Sept. 27th.  It's funny how that seemed so far in the future just mere weeks ago:smileyhappy:  Already the summer is going by too fast.

You're telling me! I can't keep up!

Author
ClareODonohue
0 Kudos

Great to have a chance to say hi to cozy readers! I've got three books in my Someday Quilts series (The Lover's Knot, A Drunkard's Path & The Double Cross) with a fourth, The Devil's Puzzle, out Sept,. 27th. The series focuses on a quilt group in a fictional upstate New York town, their friendships, romances (and murder!). Plus quilting, since I'm a passionate quilter myself.

I've also released a first book in a new series. Though not a cozy, Missing Persons is about a strong woman dealing with life the best way she can. it's been getting rave reviews. Hope you'll check these books out. My web is www.clareodonohue.com    

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ClareODonohue wrote:

Great to have a chance to say hi to cozy readers! I've got three books in my Someday Quilts series (The Lover's Knot, A Drunkard's Path & The Double Cross) with a fourth, The Devil's Puzzle, out Sept,. 27th. The series focuses on a quilt group in a fictional upstate New York town, their friendships, romances (and murder!). Plus quilting, since I'm a passionate quilter myself.

I've also released a first book in a new series. Though not a cozy, Missing Persons is about a strong woman dealing with life the best way she can. it's been getting rave reviews. Hope you'll check these books out. My web is www.clareodonohue.com    

To find out more about Clare and her books, scroll down the main page at B&N's Mystery Forum - she was a featured author here just recently!