Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Cincinnati Flower Show talk - gardening mysteries

Hi! I have been involved with the Cincinnati Flower Show for many years and this year, for the second time, I will be doing a presentation on a B&B Riverboat cruise that starts in Covington, KY and winds up at the site of the Flower Show in Coney Island (Cincinnati).

This year my subject is going to be mystery books that deal with gardens and/or garden-related topics. I'm calling it Habeas Hortus: Mysteries In and Around the Garden. It is tentatively scheduled for Friday, April 25.

If you have any recommendations for garden mysteries that I should include, post them on this site.

Also, I want to put together a trivia quiz on this topic. If you have suggestions for trivia questions, post those, too. Thanks!
Author
RosemaryH
0 Kudos

Re: Cincinnati Flower Show talk - gardening mysteries

Hey,
That sounds like a great presentation, I may try to make it but it's right before Malice Domestic in Arlington, VA. I can't imagine there's anything I can tell YOU about either gardening or mysteries..but what the heck...for the others in the club...Heather Webber, Jill Churchill, and Kate Collins write garden or flower shop mysteries. Of course there's always Susan Wittig Albert's China Bayles series, Nero Wolfe and his orchids, Naomi Hirahara's Edgar Award-winning Snakeskin Shamesin, Anthony Eglin's Lost Gardens, and my very own Pushing Up Daisies.
rosemary

Learn more about Pushing Up Daisies.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Rosemary -- Your book was delivered a couple days ago but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. If you are going to be in my area the week of the flower show, you could do a book signing at my talk!

And don't assume I know all the books/authors that concern gardening/plants, etc. Of the authors you mentioned, I've only read garden-themed books by about half of them.

Keep those recommendations coming!
Reader
platie
0 Kudos

I just finished Rosemary's Pushing Up Daisies and I loved it!  What a wonderful, quirky and refreshing read for those of us who enjoy gardening and mystery!  Definitely one of my favorites.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I haven't read it yet but I'm working my way to it.  I have waaayyyy too many books in my TBR pile right now.
Author
RosemaryH
0 Kudos

Wow. I was just scrolling through the garden posts and found this from last year. So glad you liked the book! My new one, The Big Dirt Nap, has just come out and we're talking about it in the Mystery Book Club. please come over an dsay hi if you have a chance.

Rosemary

rosemary

Learn more about Pushing Up Daisies.